Another Robinson tradition is the decorating of the Christmas tree at Andy's parents house. Each year we get together, Rachel gives us our new ornaments for the year and then we proceed to decorate the Christmas tree. This year Alice made an ornament for her grandma. It was a cut out of her hand and then she colored it. Alice was really excited about giving her grandma her ornament. You can't tell by the picture, but she really was excited.
Alice received a train as her ornament, which she loves since she is obsessed with choo choos. In fact Alice watched the polar express every single day in December. She loves the movie, especially when the kids get to see santa. She starts to prance around the room screaming Santa comin', Santa comin'. It's so cute.
This Christmas Rachel changed things up a bit. Alice and Rachel made sugar cookies. Alice likes to roll the dough out, cut the shapes and eat the dough, but Alice really loves to pour the sprinkles on the cookies. When Alice makes cookies she makes sure every inch of the cookie is covered in sugar crystal delight.
There was another change up in the evening. Usually Andy's dad hands out the ornaments, but this year Andy decided to do it. Not sure how that happens.
We were excited to have Kimmie and Michael around for the Holidays. We didn't get to see them last year since Kimmie is in her residency and didn't get Christmas off. This year she had to work Thanksgiving so she got Christmas off. Yeah for us.
Alice let Kimmie help her with her sugar cookies. That's a big deal since Alice is a little possessive of her cookies.
Alice even shared a few cookies with everyone. Well, until right after this picture when she dumped the cookies all over me.
Uncle Michael was on ladder duty. His job was to make sure no pretty breakable ornaments were within Alice's reach. This year the tree was a little top heavy.
This is what Alice could be seen all night with a cookie in her hand. Alice loves her sweets. One morning I asked Alice what she wanted for breakfast. She replied, cake. I sad no she then asked for cookies. I said no again. She then asked for candy canes, cupcake, sook cack (fruit snack), and ice cream. Once again I answered nope, no and no. I think that is called a sweet tooth. I think we ended up eating eggs.
Once again, just like every other year, one by one everyone starts to sit down until in the end it's just me putting the last ornaments on the tree. The only difference this year was I had Alice going behind me (with cookie in hand) taking the ornaments off the tree.
Once again with keeping with tradition, we all took family pictures in front of the Christmas tree. This was also a fun experience for all. Alice really knows how to bring the fun into everything.


I will say one thing. I think this years tree with the best one so far. It was a gorgeous tree.

2 comments:
Wow, the tree is gorgeous. I love the first family picture the best. Looks like Andy just got (or is about to get) a big giant whak with the tamberine. Oh, and I have to say that I'm very happy that the last three posts had so many pictures that I had to refresh the page 5 times to get all the pictures to download. :)
So much fun. Ditto on Lindsey's comments.
Post a Comment