Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

The big day had finally arrived and way to early. At my house growing up we all would sleep in to a normal hour then wake up, mill around a little and then we would start Christmas. Not Andy. Remember Andy and I got married Christmas Eve. We spent our wedding night in the cutest bed and breakfast. Then that next morning around 6:30 and rolls over and says, "are you awake." Well, now I was. He said, "good, let's go open presents." I hadn't even been married 24 hours and we were back at his parents, opening Christmas presents by 7:00. Well, this Christmas was any different. At 5:58 I hear the alarm go off. No joke. Andy set the alarm. I then crawled out of bed, got ready to go, loaded the car and then we woke Alice up. Yep, you read that right. WE WOKE ALICE UP. Who does that. She didn't even want to wake up (yes I'm a mean mom for taking pictures of her at 6 in the morning). It took a good 15 minutes before she would even open her eyes.
Finally Andy said, "Alice, santa brought you presents." That's when I took this picture she is saying "Santa coming to town." We were then off to Andy's parents house were we woke them up. They were up really late getting Christmas ready.
We then all sat around very tired opening presents. In fact I had to go back through everything when we got home because my sleepy brain couldn't remember what I got.
I thought this year was going to be a blast with Alice. Boy was I wrong. I don't know if it was just because we had to wake Alice up or if she just was overwhelmed, but she really didn't want anything to do with Christmas. Santa brought her a kitchen, which I know she loves like crazy since she plays with them when ever she sees them, well it took a good 20 minutes before alice would even touch it. We then opened all her presents for her because she didn't want to.
Kimmie and Michael gave alice a blowup ball thing. Alice was super excited about it, but not Andy. It took him forever to blow it up. I was afraid he was going to pass out.
And it didn't help that Alice kept climbing on top of him.
But in the end they had a blast playing in it together.
After the opening of the presents it was time for our favorite part of Christmas, the family and neighbor breakfast. My very favorite Robinson tradition. Rachel makes the best breakfast with eggs, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, potato casserole, and sausage. It is so good.
After breakfast we were off to church. I was singing so even Andy decided to come along.
Look how cute Alice looks in this dress from my mom. Perfect for Christmas.



After church we were off to Andy's aunts house. Were we had fun talking, eating, and opening more presents. After Dee Dee's we were off to my parents house for more present opening.
Alice's first gift she opened was from Lindsey. As soon as she looked in the bag she yelled "poopa" (that is what she calls foofa from yo gabba gabba).
Lindsey made Alice the cutest yo gabba gabba character bean bags. She loved them. She would pull each one out saying it's name. It was so cute. Right at that point both Lindsey and Shauna called. We ended up skyping with both of them and the rest was a blurr. There was present opening, chasing alice around and lots of talking to family on the phone. I think everyone called by the end of it. My aunt, grandparents and my sisters. It was great. The only problem was Alice refused to open any more presents. I think she was just way to tired.
We ended the night with hamburgers with Andy's family.

Let me tell you, we were all so excited to go to bed that night. It took Alice about 2.5 seconds to fall asleep and she even slept all through the night. We didn't even open our presents to each other. We decided that since we were so tired we would just do it the next morning. It was a great Christmas full of fun, family, food and tons of generosity. I am always amazed at how giving everyone is. Everyone is so kind. We have the best family ever. Oh, and if you ask Alice what Santa brought her for christmas she will say Candy Cane every single time. It cracks me up.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Looks like you got to have lots of fun with family.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Happy new year to me! Three more posts! Woo Hoo! Love them. Tons of cute pictures, but I have 2 favorites. First, Alice's bedhead. Second, the picture of you and mom. You both look beautiful. Alice looked so cute in her Christmas dress, too. I think even Grandma Carol would be proud of it...just enough poof. I'm glad she liked the bean bags, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a busy Christmas! Alice is just the cutest, we miss you guys!

Shauna said...

What a wonderful Christmas, even if cutie Alice wasn't too excited! Wish I could have been there with you guys! Someday! Thanks for making our Christmas special! Love you!