Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cakes

For the past month I have been pretty busy with cakes. Each week a different one. My first was a chocolate dipped strawberry birthday cake. The cake was even chocolate cake with strawberry frosting.


My second was a Spy Kids birthday cake. The little kid that I made the cake for named it the "bomb" cake.


I was super excited about the next cake. I have wanted to do a toy story cake for a while and I finally got the chance. It was so fun. There is a box theme that is carried throughout the movies and I thought it would be so fun to make the cake look like a box full of toys.


My second to last cake was for a boy turning 8. He wanted the ghost ship from pirates of the Caribbean with him and jack sparrow fighting a kraken. This was a big cake. It fed 55 people.
My favorite was jack sparrow. I was really nervous making him because I knew if I didn't do it right everyone would know. I was super happy how he turned out.

I decided that even though the kid was only turning eight he needed to be more pirated up so I gave him a ponytail, eyeliner and a mustache.

My last cake was for my dear friends son. When I heard he wanted a dragon theme for his birthday I jumped on the chance to make the cake. It was on my list of cakes I have wanted to make. He wanted a snow dragon cake meaning a orange dragon that lives in the snow.



5 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

These are so amazing! You are a true artist! I had to click on the toy story cake to enlarge it because I was convinced you used actual foam peanuts, but no, it looks like you made those, too! And your Jack Sparrow was so good!

Ioana said...

As usual, your cakes are AMAZING!!! The chocolate dipped strawberry has me drooling! lol

Toni said...

All of your cakes are fabulous. I'm always amazed by the amount of detail you put into them.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! Everything looks so REAL! Jack is amazing, I LOVE LOVE the dragon, especially how he is wrapped around the cave, the strawberry makes me want a real strawberry, and I can't believe how real the box and packing peanuts look. You are INCREDIBLE! And Kurtis wants to add that he thinks these are (insert Shawn's voice from Psych here) AWWWWESOME!

Lara said...

Awesome!! Girl, you are crazy talented!