Saturday, February 25, 2012

Flight to Disney

Were have we been the last month? Well, thanks to Andy's awesome parents, exactly a month ago we jumped on a plane and headed to sunny Florida for a week of fun in the sun. We were headed to Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World and a golf show. I'm not sure who was more excited, no I know. Me. Our plane ended up being two hours delayed which I thought was going to be horrible with two year old Alice, but it ended up being fine. Between coloring, stickers,
walking around,

and the ipad we ended up having a little fun.
We finally were able to board the plane and start out journey. This was Alice's first flight with her own seat and she loved it.
The flight was great. It was only about an hour and 15 minutes which was awesome. Andy's parents had driven down the day before with all of our luggage and car seat so the only thing we had to bring on the plane was stuff to have fun with. It's the only way to fly. Just walk on and walk off. As soon as we got to the hotel Alice wanted to go swimming. She actually found her swimming suit all by herself and attempted to put it on, then daddy helped her put it on the right way. All she kept saying was, "I go swimmin' in the pool." So of course we went swimming.
By the time we finished swimming it was around 3:30 and Alice still hadn't had a nap. While we was getting ready for dinner we propped Alice on the bed with her night night and turned on a show for her to watch. She was all into it and still super excited about swimming. The next thing I know I look out and she started to sway and then she is out. I mean out. She has never just passed out before. It was amazing. I had to take a picture of my sweet child sleeping all on her own. We let her sleep for an hour until it was time to go to dinner.
Mike and Rachel took us to the coolest restaurant in Downtown called T-Rex. It's like the Rainforest Cafe, but with Dinosaurs everywhere. It was crazy loud and Alice loved it. Every so often the dinosaurs would start talking to each other and there was even a meteor shower. We had a blast. Oh and the food was awesome which was a surprise. Usually when you go to those gimmick places you know the foods not going to be that great, but your going for the entertainment. Well this was entertaining and delicious. Andy and I split a half fire roasted chicken and ribs. Mouth watering goodness.

Let's just say that night we all slept well. Next up, the magic kingdom.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Woohoo! I've been waiting a month for these posts to start. Can't wait to see more!