We woke up Monday morning with no plans. While we were eating breakfast we all decided why not go to Disney World today. So we all got ready and by 9:00 we were off to the Magic Kingdom. I was so excited. The last time I went to Disney World was when I was eight. I was standing in line for lunch when my teacher came to get me. She said I needed to get all of my stuff. When I got to the office there was my mom and sisters. We all got in the car and then they told us we were on our way to Disney World. So awesome. Best surprise ever. My parents were awesome at surprising us when I was a kid. Well, I was excited then and I was just as excited this time. We got an awesome parking spot right near the front and it only took a moment to get to the gates.
This is how excited I was. I even took a picture of us buying tickets. Yep, I'm that lame.
Alice in her Mickey shirt, picking her nose, while waiting to get on the ferry. She was really excited about riding on a boat. I love how Disney makes it so special even just getting into the park.
I was a little nervous about what Alice could do just being two at Disney World. There just wasn't a ton of information online about toddlers and Disney World. I knew part of Fantasy Land was closed, since there were putting in a bunch of new things and that was were there were a ton of rides for little ones to go on. Well, I'm not sure why I was so worried. There was about 5 rides Alice couldn't ride and the rest of them the only restriction was that you had to be able to walk from your wheelchair onto the ride. I think Alice was a little overwhelmed at first but that only lasted a moment. Our first ride was the magic carpet ride.
I wasn't sure how Alice would do since she has never been on a ride. This one goes around and up and down in the air. You get to control going up and down. I was nervous alice would be scared. Nope. She loved it. She even controlled the ride going up and down.
At the end of the ride she clapped and said I did it. Every time we would walk by the ride she would clap her hands and say, "I did it, I did it." She was so proud.
After that we got some ice cream. From that moment on all Alice ate for the rest of the week were hot dogs, ice cream, and popcorn. Not the best diet, but Andy and I were eating whatever we wanted when we wanted and we decided that Alice should be able to too.
Next we were off to Pirates of the Caribbean. As we were standing in line they announced that they had to stop the ride for a while so everyone started to leave. I noticed that they weren't getting people out of the boats, so I decided I was staying. Well, as soon as Andy's dad heard the announcement he was out. We didn't even see him leave. Well, Rachel went out to try and bring him back, but then she didn't come back so Andy went looking for them and somehow got the guy to let them back in (there weren't letting anyone new on the ride). Well, we only had to wait about 10 minutes before they started the ride back up. We just walked up, got on and that was that. As we started the ride I realizes, this one might be a little scary for Alice. I remember going on it and crying. Well, Alice was scared. Not crying scared but you can see by her face she was super nervous.
We did have fun walking through the pirates of the caribbean gift shop afterwards, playing with all the hats and toy swords. Next we did the Swiss Family Robinson tree house which is still totally cool and I would still love to live in it, but only for a day or two. After this we went to tomorrow land for lunch for hot dogs and hamburgers. Next we were off the the Tomorrow Land Speedway. I figured Alice would think this one was awesome and she did.
Andy was fine driver and Alice and I had fun being backseat drivers and yelling up to grandma and grandpa.
After this ride we did the people mover and then buzz light year. We loved buzz light year. I think it's the best ride at Magic Kingdom. They have you sitting in spaceships and each person has there own laser gun. You then get to shot different targets trying to earn more points then the person next to you. Oh and Alice got to use the control that spun the ship. She really liked that but it did make it hard to shoot things. After we finished the ride Alice said, "again." So of course we went again. After another ice cream cone we went to the Carousel of Progress. It is still amazing what Walt made for the world fair. Well, the next thing I know I look down and Alice is out. Just passed right out. It was amazing. Two days in a row and she just fell asleep just like that with no effort from us. Grandma and Grandpa were awesome and watched Alice so we could go to the haunted mansion and space mountain.
The haunted mansion was just how I remembered it except at the end where they used to just show the hitchhiker ghost riding between you they now have it interactive. Our ghost swapped Andy and my heads which was really funny and they people next to us looked like their ghost was spraying them in the face with a ton of water. Space mountain wasn't as fun as I remembered it. It might have had to do with the fact that when we were on the Tomorrow land people mover there is a part where you go inside space mountain. Usually it's dark, but they were doing some kind of repair so all the lights were on and you got to see the whole place. Not so exciting with the light on. Just another roller coaster. Well, while we were riding space mountain that was all I could think about. But even with that it was a lot of fun. Next we met Rachel and Mike in front of the castle. Alice finally woke up just in time to watch the show they put on there. She was so excited when she saw Mickey Mouse and Goofy. It was so fun to see her recognize the characters from Mickey Mouse Club House. Her whole face lit up. Next We went on the New Winnie the Pooh ride that was so cute. We love love loved it. So cute. Just like the winnie the pooh I remembered as a kid. We then went to ride the tea cups. Who doesn't love the teacups.
I couldn't stop smiling. It was just to much fun. We all loved it. We even got to ride it two times in a row without standing in line.


This was Alice's super excited face she would give us when she really was loving a ride. She kept making this face and squealing. I love it. 

I think Grandma and Grandpa liked it too.
We then headed back to Fantasy Land to ride the merry go round. Alice has always loved these, but I think she was even more excited about riding it with her dad. If you look closely in the picture you can see my arm waving beside Alice and Andy. Yep, I rode the ride too.
Now you can't leave the Magic Kingdom without riding It's a Small World. We didn't even have to wait in line. We just walked right up and jumped on the ride. I know the ride is supposed to be all cute, but i still think the moving dolls are creepy. I just don't like dolls. I will say they have made the ride prettier. It was freshly painted and all glittered up. I might have thought it was creepy, but Alice loved it.
We thought about heading home at this point since it was so late, but after doing some last minute shopping were Andy got some mickey shaped coconut chocolate things, Alice got a perry the platypus and I got a spoon (yep I still collect spoons. There are awesome and they don't take up to much much space) and rice krispy treat shaped like mickey and a giant s'mores bar, the firework show was about to start so we decided to stick around. I am so glad we did. I know this picture is fuzzy, but it truly captured the moment. Alice was amazed by the whole show and she kept yelling at Andy then pointing saying, "look daddy, see daddy." She then would scream and laugh. It was magical to watch. Pure happiness.
We had lost Andy's dad again, but found him right as the fireworks started. I can't tell you how fun it was sharing this experience with Andy's parents. It was so fun watching Alice get excited with them and just seeing everyone so happy. It was just an amazing day, but I do think we wore them out. Sorry Mike and Rachel but it was just to much fun.
Oh, and Perry and Alice had the best seats in the house thanks to daddy. What an awesome way to end an awesome day.
Let me tell you. We loved Disney World. It was all they say it is. A magic place where dreams come true. I have never seen Alice so happy. It made the experience a thousand times more awesome having our little one with us and seeing her joy. The memories we made there we will remember forever. I now know why my mother in law thinks it's the greatest place on earth. It is. It brings families together and it makes people happy. Awesome. Can't wait to go back. Tomorrow wouldn't be to soon. Next up Universal Studios. 

3 comments:
I love all of the pictures. Alice is grinning from ear to ear.
I guess I missed this beause as soon as I saw Harry Potter at the top I stopped there. This looks so fun. You've made me a believer. I guess the key to Disney Magic is having a kid with you. WE'll have to put it on our list of "Somedays". Love all the details and the pictures.
Cute Alice! I am so glad it was such a wonderful experience! I can't wait to take my girls back.
Post a Comment