Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas is such a magical time of year. We all get super excited when it rolls around. Christmas is that one time of year when people are loving, kind, generous and Christlike. I love it. I look forward to it every year. This year Alice was totally into it. She saw Santa with her Grandma Rachel and after that she wanted Christmas to be everyday. Alice was so ready when she woke up that morning to see what Santa had brought her. She ripped open those presents. Look at that technique. This was Andy's gift to Alice. Ned's Head. It's a game where you pull weird things out of a guys head through his ears and nose. Such a Andy game and Alice loves it. We play it almost everyday. 


After seeing what Santa left us and opening our presents, oh, my present from Andy was toilet seats (I will say they are cool they have an insert for little kid's bums), we headed off to Andy's parents house. Once again Rachel outdid herself. One of Alice's favorite presents was Cinderella's castle from Disney world. It is amazing. Has all the princesses and princes plus there are lights, sounds and furnishings. We latterly play with it everyday (It's April when I am writing this post). The princesses usually sleep with her every night.
The hat Andy picked out for his dad. He probably will never wear it, but it made for a great photo.

We all couldn't wait to see Alice open Kimmie & Michael's presents. This was her reaction when she saw her new electric golf cart. Yep a golf cart. They spoil her rotten.



After we opened presents it was warm enough (yep, no snow again. Michael's even in shorts.) for Alice to test out her bumper car, oh, I mean golf cart. It was hilarious. She would just gun it until she ran into something, then she would put it in reverse and gun it again until it ran into something else. It made my day.
Like usually we all scrambled to open our presents so we could clean up so we can be ready for breakfast. This breakfast was a little sad, because it was one of the last times we got to hang out with our friends the Anderson's. They moved to Idaho a week later breaking all of out hearts, but we are happy that they had and are having a great opportunity. After breakfast we headed off to Aunt Dee Dee's house. We always have fun at Aunt Dee Dee's house. There is always more food and more presents with tons of laughter.


After Dee Dee's house we were off to my parents house. Alice fell asleep on the way there so we all decided to take a nap before we did our Christmas thing. It was a much needed break. Once Alice was awake it was go time. I think Alice unwrapped every ones gifts. We had a blast. We even skyped with Lindsey which was awesome. 
My mom did not disappoint as usual. Once again there was a gift for the guys that we just didn't know what it was and once again we were all rolling around on the ground laughing while Andy and my dad figured out different ways to use this thing. So so so funny.




Christmas was once again totally awesome. Everyone was so generous, we had tons of laughs and made tons of memories. I love my family both immediate and married and I really love the holidays that bring us all together.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yippee....I'm in Jyl post heaven. So awesome. I was just telling someone about Alice's golf cart yesterday. I want to ride in it. The bumper cart explanation was my favorite part. P.S. Ned's Head is a super awesome therapy game, too. It's always a hit. I contemplated buying it quite a few times.