One of my favorite parts of Christmas is picking out the Christmas tree. I love it. I love hiking around the lot, pointing at tons of trees, just to turn around and pick the first tree I saw. I love it. We haven't had a real tree the last two years, because we were afraid Alice would either eat it or knock it over, but this year we decided it was time. We joined Andy's parents for the tree hunt. Alice loved the pole that you measure the trees with.
Even thought she needed help carrying it.
Alice even helped her dad lug that tree up the hill to the truck.
Grandma & Grandpa then found there tree. Rachel likes them tall super full and gorgeous.
Grandaddy, Grand mommy and Alice helped to cut down this tree. That was a sight to see. Poor Grandaddy on the bottom of the dog pile.
This year the had hot chocolate and cookies that we got to snack on while they shook and wrapped up the trees.
My favorite picture that day of Andy and Alice. Love it.
Our fun family picture. I'm two months from having miss cora at this time.
Our attempt to get a group shot. Can you believe that it's December and we are all out in just long sleeves and light jackets. I don't know if we will ever have a cold snowy winter ever again.
I think this was our best tree yet. It just fit so perfectly in our room. Andy was sweet enough to take Alice to the park and to get ice cream so I could decorate the tree quickly. Alice did get to help me put on the last few bulbs at the end. Of course throughout the month Alice decorated and redecorated the tree about everyday. She loved the Christmas tree. The lights had to be on all day. It was the first thing she did when she woke up. She would run down the stairs yell, "oh, no, the lights aren't on." Then she would run over and switch every light switch until the lights came on. Even thought Alice loved the tree up, I think she had more fun taking all the ornaments off. She loved it. She even sorted the ornaments for me so I could put them away. She is one awesome kid.

















1 comment:
These are some of my favorite pictures of Alice. Love the traditional color scheme of your tree, and I'm so glad I finally got to see it! It's gorgeous!
Post a Comment