In three days I made:
3 chocolate cakes
2 Jack Daniel's Pecan pies
4 Caramel Delights
1 Triple Chocolate Cake
1 Pecan bar
1 Caramel Chocolate Cake
1 Chocolate Torte
2 Chocolate Fudge Brownies
1 Pumpkin Pie Bar
1 Apple Crisp
3 Apple Pies
3 Pecan Pies
20 yellow cupcakes
100 Christmas Cut Sugar Cookies
100 Chocolate Chip Cookies
100 Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
100 Peanut Butter Cookies
100 Gingersnap Cookies
100 Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
15 Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
taught a yoga class
finished my crossstich
cleaned the house
grocery shopped
and finished my book.
Now why did I have to get this done in 3 days not 5. I'm flying to Utah for the weekend. My aunt passed away so my dad and I are going out to Price for the funeral (in 3 quick days). We are sad to lose our aunt, but we know she has moved onto to a much better place and my grandma has to be so happy. She passed away a long time ago and I'm sure she was happy to see her sister. I'm sure it was a joyous reunion. People always feel sad when they here we are going to a funeral, but don't. That is the wonderful thing about my dads side of the family. They celebrate life, not dwell on their death. It may sound kind of crazy, but our funeral's are fun. I'm not saying there are not a lot of tears, we are all close, but all the family comes in, we share stories and laughs. It's a celebration. One year a couple of the aunts and cousins almost got kicked out of the Holiday Inn for being so rowdy. Mind you, they are all 60 and up. Crazy huh. I am also excited to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins,( maybe some friends if I'm lucky) Kurtis and LINDSEY. So I guess what I'm saying from my above list, it is worth working that much to show our support and to see my family.

5 comments:
You crazy girl & you even posted this at 4:30 am! By the time I make it out there you are going to be burnt out from baking. :0( Hopefully we will get to sample at least a few sweet treats! I love the last part of your comment. It is so true & it made me smile. Give everyone hugs for me. Love you!
That's quite the list of baked good. I am sorry about your aunt. I am glad you could go out for the funeral and see your family.
You are crazy and busy! By the way, you are in big trouble, young lady.... even if you are just here for a funeral, you are supposed to call me! I hope you had a nice visit with your family though.
Holy moly super jyl! I"m sorry about your aunt. I loved your thoughts about it all, though. You are so positive and hopeful. thanks for that. I Hope your trip was fun and that you're home safely, ready to tackle another week. love,elaine
Holy cow! I'm tired just reading that!!! Sorry to hear about your Aunt. How was the funeral?
Post a Comment