I love Christmas, but December makes me tired. While everyone is enjoying the holiday cheer I am making the cheer for them. Let's just say December is a crazy time for the food industry. It's kind of our month, with all the cakes, cookies, parties and pies people want for Christmas. It's a ton of work, but I don't mind. I just tell myself I have vacation time coming up starting Christmas eve, oh, and the money doesn't hurt. The good thing is it is not hard, it just takes time, which makes me tired. Last week I was able to make 16 gingerbread houses. They were for a kids party at the country club. I assembled and they decorated. I heard it was a huge mess with tons of sugared up kids running around. Fun times.
Now, for some reason my mother in law is always the first to have her Christmas shopping done, wrapped and under the tree before anyone else gets started. I don't know how she does it. I'm still in the planning stage. Well, andy and his sister love to shake their presents. I don't quite get it, but they love to do this. Her is andy doing his thing.
This evening Rachel, Andy and I went out to dinner and then watched the Blacksburg Christmas Parade. It was freezing. I mean freezing. I thought I was going to freeze to death until I found out they had funnel cake and kettle corn (I don't care about kettle corn, but andy and his mom love it).
See how happy I am over funnel cake. I just couldn't hold it in.

Rachel and I happy with our spoils.
The parade was cute. I have to say I was disappointed at the amount of candy they threw and they were only giving candy to little kids and Rachel. She must be sweeter than me. Well, we went home and warmed up and went to sleep every, because the next day was tree hunting day and the craft fair. We were up and at the Craft Fair at 9:00 and then we were off to the tree farm. This year we cut 5 trees. It was crazy. Here is Rachel with hers. 
Here is our gorgeous tree.

Michael and Kimmie. I would just like to say that they were the last to find there tree. I always get blamed for being the last one and taking forever, but this year the prize went to Kimmie and Michael, but they did end up with a very, very tall gorgeous tree.

Here it is.

We also cut down a tree for my mom and a tree for Andy's grandma. This is a day we all look forward to. It is always cold, there is always a ton of searching, and lots of laughter.
As we were standing around looking at the trees andy said, " I like the fact that we are all standing over our trees like hunters stand over their kills." That just cracked me up. What a great day. Well, the trees are home and decorated and ready for Christmas. Hopefully I can post a picture of them soon. Merry Christmas to all. Just a side note. Did anyone notice that I'm the only one dressed up like the kid from the Christmas story. For some reason I am the only one that is always freezing. Not cold, freezing. Just thought I would share that with you.

4 comments:
I'm glad everyone found a tree. Andy's comment about standing over your "kills" is really funny. Merry Christmas!
What a fun post bug. I love all of the pictures & comments that go along with them. Amongst your crazy schedule and exhaustion, you a lot of fun holiday memories. Good for you. Your tree is gorgeous. Ben really wants to cut down a real tree with the girls next year. I don't know why I am so stuck on my fake tree. I think it is just easy. One more week Bug & we get to see you in person. YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very, very excited. Love you!
looks like good fun! i love you in a hat. you're a hat girl! reminds me of nicole.
Oh, that looks like fun! Man, your hair is LONG!!!!!! Anyway, very cute pictures. I was showing Mckenzie the pictures of you guys and then showed her Andy shaking the present. She said, "Mommy, is that present for me"? She loves presents, just like her Uncle Andy!
Merry Christmas to you guys too!!!!
Post a Comment