Another great thanksgiving and a ton of new memories. This year was a special Thanksgiving. What made it so special was that we tried something new. Andy decided that he wanted to deep fry the turkey and I must have been in a good mood and told him sure. Three days later a giant fryer shows up on my door step. Here we are on the big day.

I had to put that picture in. Doesn't he have a great butt. If you want to get a fryer I would recommend this one. it is called the safety fryer from Cabelas. I believe it is the safest out there and it works wonderfully.

After an hour and twenty minutes waiting for the oil to reach 375 degrees, here goes the turkey. We were both kind of nervous. We didn't really know what to expect. It was also really cold thanksgiiving day yet you have to stay around the fryer the whole time to make sure you don't start a grease fire. Poor Andy was out there 3 hours in the cold. I kept having to go inside to warm up. Andy is such a trooper.

Poor turkey. That is one hot bath.

After just 45 minutes the turkey was ready. Isn't it gorgeous. We did two turkeys. One with Cajun butter and the other we soaked in a brine all night. The brine turkey was amazing. It was full of favor and so moist and it was not greasy. Not even a little bit. I can't wait until the next time we do this.

This thanksgiving we had a ton of people at my parents house. We had the sister missionaries and Elders.

Teresa, Mark and there kids (her husband made homemade rolls for us. How wonderful is that).

My way skinny dad.

The Panell Girls
And Andy's mom and dad, but I didn't take pictures until everything was over and they had already left. My cousin Greg and his family were supposed to come up from Florida, but it ended up not working out. That would have made it perfect. We were all so sad that they couldn't be here. Maybe next year. All in all it was an awesome Thanksgiving. Fun times, good company, great food and new traditions. Last but not least I had to add this picture of Andy. This is the day after thanksgiving and he is waiting for my dad to pick him up to go golfing. He picked this out all by himself.
Isn't he so cute. My dad told him. If you dress like that you better be a really good golfer. Let's just say Andy is awesome at golf (in fact I think he beat my dad this day on the last hole) and I must say he is pulling it off. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you all.

1 comment:
The turkey looks really good. I bet it was lots of fun having so many people there.
Post a Comment