Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Ok, so I thought this was hilarious, maybe not appropriate for children, but funny non the less. I love thanksgiving, because it is time we get to be with our families and remember what we are most thankful for, not to mention the awesome food. I love any reason to get together as a family. That is when I am the most happy. I thought I would share some things I am most thankful for this year. 


1. I am thankful for Andy. I don't know how I was blessed with the most awesome husband ever, but I was. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for him. 

2. My Family. Awesome parents, best friends for sisters, cutest nieces in the world, great husbands to my sisters, and wonderful in-laws that make my family complete. Oh, and I can't forget dogs. Oh, how I love my dogs. 

3. My health. I am thankful for doctors and medicine that help us and heal us. 

4. A job both Andy and I. As we sit around watching one person after the other being let go from their jobs, I am thankful for a trade that has kept us working. Our jobs have kept food on the table and a roof over our heads. What more could we ask for. 

5. I am thankful for a Prophet that has prepared us for this time and have given me peace knowing I have followed their council and feel prepared for times ahead (food storage, keeping out of  debt, savings, learning to live within our means, etc). I am also thankful for a God that doesn't leave us clueless. That loves us and guides us through our Prophet and through our prayers. Knowing I have a loving Heavenly Father who love as much or even more than my own father is the greatest gift of all. 

6. I am thankful for the gospel, for prayer, for the priesthood, for the temple and the knowledge and peace that brings to my life.

These are just a few of the things I am most grateful for it has been a wonderful year. I hope everyone takes some time to think about the blessing in their lives as we sit down to celebrate thanksgiving. HAPPY TURKEY DAY!

2 comments:

Toni said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hollie said...

Hope you had a great one. I'll have to tell you about mine. It was the best and the worst....ever!!!!