Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

Tis the season for something pumpkin. I love pancakes and I love anything with pumpkin in it so it you put them together I basically believe that you have created heaven. Here is a recipe for the most amazing pancakes and I will give you different options for making them. 


Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup wheat 1 cup white)
1/4 cup brown sugar (or brown sugar splenda)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4  tsp ground allspice or clove
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 to 3/4 tsp ginger
dash nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup milk (I like to use skim)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg and 1 egg white
2 Tbsp vegetable oil (or 2 Tbsp apple sauce)
2 Tbsp white vinegar

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients in a blender. Add the wet to the dry and mix just until combined. Let sit for 5 minutes. Use a 1/4 a cup to measure out the pancakes spreading them slightly. Cook as usual. They are thick and fluffy and taste really good with syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream or sweetened cream cheese just to name a few. 

Recipe using dry pancake mix
2 1/2 cups dry pancake mix
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or the measurements from above)
1 egg plus 1 egg white
2 Tbsp oil or applesauce
2 Tbsp vinegar
1 cup pumpkin puree

Make the same way as above. 

4 comments:

Hollie said...

OK, I am totally going to try this with my GF flour! I can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

Jyl- I am glad to know you share my love for pumpkin goodies. I had the best pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting on Friday. My husband is getting tired of my talking about how good it was.

Laine said...

We had these for dinner tonight and I've never seen my kids inhale pancakes like that before. WOW! They were the best pancakes I'VE every had...everyone says, "Thank you Jyl!!" :)

Brian and Whitney said...

These look very yummy! We will have to try them!