Seriously, this was the best birthday ever. It was 2 days of jam packed fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. We started our trip to atlanta friday morning. My parents just happened to be traveling to Hilton Head and we both just happened to be in Charlotte, NC (even though we were running an hour late) at the same time so we stopped and had a birthday lunch at P.F. Chang's. Yummy.
We then git back in the car for 3 more hours until we reached atlanta. We checked into our hotel and headed off to an indoor rock climbing gym. It was awesome. It was late so we pretty much had the gym to ourselves. Because of this the guy behind the desk came out and gave us tons of pointers. Let me tell you, climbing indoors compared to outdoors takes some getting used to when you haven't done it in a while. Thank goodness for the kid behind the desk. We were done climbing at 9:00 and we were starving so off we went to find food. Well, we just happened to come across one of my favorite pizza joints ever, The Mellow Mushroom. Come to find out they got started in Atlanta. Oh, pizza with everything, how I love you. 
The next day we were up at the crack of dawn. The first thing I wanted to do was go to the Atlanta Temple. It was only a mile away from the hotel so I couldn't not do a session. WEll, it took us 45 minutes to find the temple. The stupid GPS thing took us the wrong way and nobody knew were it was. Not kidding. Luckily we got the day started early so I was still able to do a session. After the session we ran to REI to get me a new pair of shoes and then off to the Georgia Aquarium. Let me tell you a little something about me and aquariums. I LOVE THEM. I am like a 6 year old going to Disneyland. I love to look at the fish and when ever we come across a touch pool, I am shoving the little kids aside so I can feel too. That is not a lie. Now this aquarium is the aquarium of all aquariums. You can just imagine how excited I was to go to it. This first picture is in one of those tube things. They had one of those moving side walk things that goes slower than a slug and people actually stand on it. It probably took them 30 minutes to get to the end. I like the fast track. I can't stay still for to long. It's just too exciting.
This picture was pure luck. I was trying to get just the big fish when all the sudden here comes mister shark. They had tons of sharks in fact they had tons of everything. My favorite thing to see was the beluga whales. When I heard they had 3 I started singing Baby Beluga. Please tell me you remember that song. It was one of my favorites growing up.
After we ran through all the exhibits there was just one more place to go. The touch pools. I already told you about how I get so we will skip it. Well, they had all these slides the kids were going on from the second floor to the first. I wanted to go on at least one so I ran up and asked the guy if big kids could go on the slides too. Yep, the whale slide. I even convinced andy to go down it. You know you have to live a little. Isn't andy such a good sport.
After the aquarium we went to centennial park (place were the Olympics was) and then we were off to the cupcake store. Yes, a cupcake store. I have always wanted to go to a cupcake store. Who wouldn't and we do not have one around here so little cake bakery here we come.
After talking to the girl at the counter for about 15 minutes we walked away with 6 cupcakes. I don't know why. I just couldn't resist. Don't they look wonderful.
We had a couple hours to kill before dinner I thought we would just head back to the hotel and chill, but andy suggested we go to a mall and do some shopping. Isn't he great and it was an awesome mall. It had everything. Next up was The melting pot, but on the way andy saw this giant PGA Tour Superstore and we had to stop. It was crazy huge.
They even had a sand trap to practice in. I convinced andy to take these pictures for our dads. I just knew they would love it.
Now for my B-Day dinner at the melting. Oh, melting pot with your gooey cheese, awesome entrees and delicious chocolate. Oh, how I love thee. I seriously love this place and we do not live any where near one so when we get close to one we have to stop. It is never a disappointment.
After we stuffed ourselves so silly that we had to loosen our belts we were off to the concert. Let me tell you I have never been so nervous. You know how horrible it is to be so excited to see someone in concert to find out that they suck. I thought I was going to throw up. Threw the first two opening band I just kept getting more nervous and more nervous. There was also about 30 minutes in between each band to set up for the next. Let me tell you. Time kills. Then the stadium goes dark and then I hear, "My name is Jonas." I thought I was going to die. My very favorite Weezer song and they start out with it. It was awesome. The concert was awesome. They were awesome. I can't believe that I waited 15 years to see them. I wish the show would never end. Hands down the best concert I have ever been to.
Another great part was the crowd. I didn't know what to expect. I was hoping it wouldn't be just a bunch of punk kids who heard Beverly hills and thought they were Weezer fans. Lets just say there was a little bit of everything form little kids to balding men in sweater vests. No joke. Unfortunately the night had to end, but not without buying the cheesiest Troublemaker Tour t-shirt I could find. The next morning we woke up got some Einstein Bagels (another one of my favorites) and headed home. All in all it was the best birthday ever. I told andy we might just have to stop celebrating my birthday since we could never top this one. Thanks everyone that made this birthday the best ever and a huge shout out to the greatest hubby ever who turned my wishes into a reality. Isn't he wonderful. It made turning 27 not so bad.
This picture was pure luck. I was trying to get just the big fish when all the sudden here comes mister shark. They had tons of sharks in fact they had tons of everything. My favorite thing to see was the beluga whales. When I heard they had 3 I started singing Baby Beluga. Please tell me you remember that song. It was one of my favorites growing up.
After we ran through all the exhibits there was just one more place to go. The touch pools. I already told you about how I get so we will skip it. Well, they had all these slides the kids were going on from the second floor to the first. I wanted to go on at least one so I ran up and asked the guy if big kids could go on the slides too. Yep, the whale slide. I even convinced andy to go down it. You know you have to live a little. Isn't andy such a good sport.
After the aquarium we went to centennial park (place were the Olympics was) and then we were off to the cupcake store. Yes, a cupcake store. I have always wanted to go to a cupcake store. Who wouldn't and we do not have one around here so little cake bakery here we come.
After talking to the girl at the counter for about 15 minutes we walked away with 6 cupcakes. I don't know why. I just couldn't resist. Don't they look wonderful.
We had a couple hours to kill before dinner I thought we would just head back to the hotel and chill, but andy suggested we go to a mall and do some shopping. Isn't he great and it was an awesome mall. It had everything. Next up was The melting pot, but on the way andy saw this giant PGA Tour Superstore and we had to stop. It was crazy huge.
They even had a sand trap to practice in. I convinced andy to take these pictures for our dads. I just knew they would love it.
Now for my B-Day dinner at the melting. Oh, melting pot with your gooey cheese, awesome entrees and delicious chocolate. Oh, how I love thee. I seriously love this place and we do not live any where near one so when we get close to one we have to stop. It is never a disappointment.
After we stuffed ourselves so silly that we had to loosen our belts we were off to the concert. Let me tell you I have never been so nervous. You know how horrible it is to be so excited to see someone in concert to find out that they suck. I thought I was going to throw up. Threw the first two opening band I just kept getting more nervous and more nervous. There was also about 30 minutes in between each band to set up for the next. Let me tell you. Time kills. Then the stadium goes dark and then I hear, "My name is Jonas." I thought I was going to die. My very favorite Weezer song and they start out with it. It was awesome. The concert was awesome. They were awesome. I can't believe that I waited 15 years to see them. I wish the show would never end. Hands down the best concert I have ever been to.
Another great part was the crowd. I didn't know what to expect. I was hoping it wouldn't be just a bunch of punk kids who heard Beverly hills and thought they were Weezer fans. Lets just say there was a little bit of everything form little kids to balding men in sweater vests. No joke. Unfortunately the night had to end, but not without buying the cheesiest Troublemaker Tour t-shirt I could find. The next morning we woke up got some Einstein Bagels (another one of my favorites) and headed home. All in all it was the best birthday ever. I told andy we might just have to stop celebrating my birthday since we could never top this one. Thanks everyone that made this birthday the best ever and a huge shout out to the greatest hubby ever who turned my wishes into a reality. Isn't he wonderful. It made turning 27 not so bad. 
6 comments:
That's so cool all of the fun things you got to do for your birthday. Andy gets the super husband award for spoiling you so much. You made me hungry listing all of the wonderful food you got to eat.
Yeah! What a fun birthday! I'm with you on the aquarium thing. I think I have been to an aquarium in about 4-5 different states. They are the most fun!
Buggy, I'm glad it all turned out to be awesome! Just the food would have been great, just the aquarium would have been great, just the climbing would have been great, and just the concert would have been great...but all together...wow! You deserve it! (although I must admit that 27 seems a little old :) j/k...but it kind of does). Anyway, love you! ~Wein
Happy Birthday! I am now exhausted after reading!
So "Happy [Belated] Birthday" to you! I remembered that we shared October birthdays but forgot that they were so close together...mine was on the 30th and not nearly as action packed as yours:)
Well, even though you aren't any closer than I thought. We will still have to meet up somewhere mid-point before we move back West.
P.S. It is funny that after all these years, you and I still share so many common interests. I want to make every recipe you post and all of your little trips are things Bryant and I love to do!!
Jyl that is awesome!!!!! What a freaking awesome birthday!!! You totally deserve it! Andy is awesome! I wonder what he is going to do for you next year?
By the way, was that Island in the Sun or Holiday I heard on the phone? I couldn't tell. Although, I loved hearing your voice and Weezer in the background! That was awesome! Thanks for thinking of me while you were there!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!
Oh, and I forgot to tell you, but an old friend of mine was actually there at that same concert in Atlanta!!!! Small world!
Love ya!! You're #1!
Post a Comment