So today I decided to wear some cute shoes that I haven't worn in a while. They have a closed toe and are open in the back. I was in a hurry, trying to make it to my relief society meeting so I just threw them on. As I was walking out the door i noticed that my left shoe felt weird, so I decided to see why. As I took my shoe off this was attached to my toes. Let me remind you that I did not have socks and and did I mention that I am terrified of spiders. I didn't know I could scream like that. It wasn't a high pitched scream like you hear in the movies, it was a low terrified scream. I sat there screaming and screaming and stomping and stomping. By the time I was done the spider was just a black smudge on my kitchen floor and my throat was soar. I looked up and the dog was just staring at me with this terrified look on her face. What a sweet dog. I really thought i was going to have a heart attach. In fact, I can still feel it attached to my toe. Let's just say I am going to be wearing flip flops a little longer, cold or not cold. And yes, the spider was seriously that big. So, my advice to everyone, check your shoes. Shake the crap out of those things before you put them on. I usually do and look what happens when you don't. I HATE SPIDERS!!!!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
I HATE SPIDERS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
so i died laughing at this. But my gutt is turning too, because I can sort of feel a spider on my toe with your description. ewww!!! and sean is going to kiss you for the pumpkin bar recipe. it's his fave. he never gets cake for his birthday, it's always pumpkin pie. Okay, he won't kiss you, that would be weird, but if he could he would hug you for sure.
Oh my goodness. I could not stop laughing. Oh wow! I know I would have really had a heart attack. Seriously, I would have died. Creepy, creepy! Thanks Jyl for making Ben & I laugh & for reminding me to check all of my shoes before I put them on. I might have to borrow this story for my blog. Miss ya & love ya!
Holy Crap!!! Even if I saw that I would of been screaming right along with you. I HATE, H-A-T-E spiders. Did I send you the picture of the wolf spider I found in Mckenize's room. I can't believe I didn't even blog about it. Ok, I'm sending it to you:) So, were you late for your meeting?
I'm not afraid of spiders, but I would have freaked out in that situation.
I too am terrified of spiders and Utah has plenty of them! The good part, I guess, is that since I'm the Mommy, I have to be brave around my kids and do the killing when Dave is not around. So I toughened up a bit...:)I still HATE them!!!!!!!
disgusting, disgusting, disgusting....i would have died. I HATE spiders, too. I don't know what it is about them. Three days ago there was a large spider crawling on the kitchen floor. I can't believe I'm out of the basement and still spiders find me. Anway, I was terrified and was afraid to kill it, but I had 2 thoughts: 1. if i don't kill it, it might have babies and that would be worse (this thought in the end is what propelled me to kill the spider) 2. someday i'll be a mom and i'll have to be brave and kill spiders for my kids (that could be one good reason of why we don't have kids yet). eesh...I'm still dying thinking about your experience. I can't even laugh b/c it grosses me out so much. On a lighter note, yesterday someone asked me what I was baking in the oven, and he kept looking down toward my stomach. I was taken aback and asked him what he had just said. He repeated it, and I said, well I guess I have gained a little weight, but no, Kurtis and I are not having kids yet (you know the saying about kids and the oven). Anyway, the guy got a perplexed look on his face, and he said, "no, the burn on your arm". Well, my arm was conveniently right by my stomache, and i had totally forgotten that I had burned my arm taking cookies out of the oven a couple nights ago. Needless to say, I was embarrassed.
I'm really sorry for laughing at this, but that is so funny! If it happened to me it would be scary and traumatic, but because it was not me, I can laugh hysterically. I guess you'll check your shoes before stepping in now. :-) by the way, I'm so glad I got to see you the other day!
Post a Comment