I love to go to the temple. I wish I lived closer to a temple. It is a five hour drive to our temple in DC, so you really have to plan in order to go. I could stay in there for hours. Twice a year around our stake conference time we have a stake temple trip. This time we even got a little treat. The temple presidency is changing so each weekend they have been meeting with 3 stakes at a time on the seventh floor. It was was my first time up there. WOW is all I can say. The temple presidency and their wives talked to us. It was so beautiful. As I sat there it was so peaceful. So quite. I wish I could do this every week. I always feel like my batteries have been recharged after a day in the temple and I can face anything the world throws at me.
Another treat was Cherie was in town visiting her sister and running in the Baltimore Marathon. If you don't know who cherie is we, we met when we were 12 and have been friends; sisters, ever since. It was so awesome seeing her. We were only able to spend a couple hours together, but you take what you can get. This was my first time seeing Davis. What a sweet happy baby. You are so lucky Cherie and way to run 26 miles. I'm so proud you and it was so wonderful seeing you. Oh and notice the title of the post. Remember those late night Saturday Night Live Calls we used to have. Now those were Good times.
Now I know you are thinking, "Cherry Pie. Yummy." Nope. Not cherry pie. It is a cake. We are lucky enough to have sister missionaries in our area and they are a delight to have in our home. I feed them every third thursday of the month and this month just happened to fall on Sister Hills Birthday. I called her mom to find out what her favorite dinner was. We had Pork chops and stuffing, with applesauce, mashed potatoes, salad and her favorite dessert; cherry pie. I thought it would be funny to make a cake that looked like cherry pie and here it is.
We didn't tell her is was cake until after she started cutting it. You should have seen the look on her face. You could tell that she thought something was wrong, but she was being so sweet not saying anything. Well, we got a good laugh out of it. NOw I know sister hills mom checks my blog out every once in a while so here are some pictures just for you. 
I love this one. That must be one big wish.

Her nieces (I think) sent her those crowns. How cute is that.

I did make a real cherry pie if anyone was wondering, oh and the cake was a coffee crumb cake topped with cherry pie filling. I know. Aren't I tricky. Tis the season.
The third weekend of October they always have the bridge day festival in Fayettville, West Virginia. We love going to it. We never miss. Bridge Days is one day a year they allow base jumpers to jump of the massive bridge that spans the gully. The bridge is 876 feet from the ground and is the second largest arc bridge in the world. It is so awesome watching the base jumpers jump off the bridge. They also have fun carnival food and booths set up. You walk a mile from your car just to get to the fair. It is awesome and free. Here is the view looking over the bridge. 
My only picture of andy.

See the base jumper. It is so crazy to see them jump. Usually its singles jumping, but every once in a while you will have two our three jumping at the same time they even set up a diving board so you can do tricks off of it. This year it was rather cold so there weren't as many jumpers or viewers. The jumpers had to be happy because they never had to wait in the crazy long line they usually had to meaning they got to jump a ton of times and we didn't have to fight for a spot at the front of the bridge so we could see. It was awesome.
This is a picture of me after eating the best frosting filled chocolate chip cookie ever. I wish I could eat them every day. I don't think I could smile any harder. Oh how I love carnival food (that day we also had a tutors biscuit and fudge don't worry we share so we can eat a larger variety of things).
Isn't the bridge gorgeous.
Last, but not least I was able to do a baby shower cake for a lady in my ward. Oh, how I love to do baby shower cakes. They are always so much fun. This time she gave me the plates that were a lime kelly green and pink and this is what I came up with. 
I just thought this was a cool shot of the flower.

Here is the close up of the sleeping butterfly baby. It started out being a baby giraffe, but at 12:30 am it turned into a baby. I love making babies. I don't know why, I just do.
Well, so far October has been awesome and if anyone is wondering it's my Birthday tomorrow and that means Weezer.

11 comments:
Happy Birthday Eve (aka-the night before your birthday)! It really was great seeing you and your mom! I miss you!!!!!!! Maybe one day we'll convince Andy that you guys would have so much fun living in Utah near me. :-)
By the way, that cherry pie cake is AWESOME! That's so funny... poor sister missionary. Good Times.
Bug I love this post. I love all the pictures. You've had a busy week. The cake is awesome...the flower is beautiful and I love the design. It was fun to see you and cherie together. It's too bad we can't live close to all the people we love. The bridge pictures are awesome. I love the pretty trees in them, too. And of course, I love reading about your experiences at the temple. I think you're the greatest. I totally have a birthday gift that I think you'll love, and I just received one of your Christmas gifts in the mail today. I'll send your birthday gift as soon as I have a day that I'm not gone til after 8:00 at night, but you'll have to wait for the Christmas gift. You'll love it. Happy Birthday (in 8 minutes your time). Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Wein
Happy Birthday!!! I was on the 7th floor last Saturday night for the same meetings! What day did you go? Hope you have a great day and concert!
So wait...where do you guys live? WV or VA? We may be closer than I think:)
Happy Birthday tomorrow! :) So are you going to a Weezer concert? Have fun! I love your pictures, the bridge is cool, but I love the colors of the tree's. What a beautiful time of year.
I love the bridge pictures. I love the cherry pie cake. Too funny! I also love the baby shower cake. You are a woman of many talents.
Happy Birthday Jyl! We hope you have a great day.
Hope you had an awesome birthday bug. I love your post. The cakes are awesome as usual. What fun to have spent time with Cherie & what a cute picture. Check my blog out for a little tribute to you bug-a-b00!
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!
Nice job on the cherry pie cake!:)
Happy birthday a couple of days ago. I hope it was a good one. Loved the spider story. We have those big spiders in our garage and I hate them! spiders are sooo big out here!
Happy Birthday, Jyl!! Hope you had a great time at the Weezer concert... I'll be waiting for a post about it. :)
Post a Comment