Friday my mom and I threw a three person baby shower. Now you have to know something about our ward here. For some reason there are always about 4-6 women pregnant at the same time. We never just have one. There are four right now that are all due this month and their due dates are all just a week apart. I know. It's crazy. Well, one of the girls had already had a shower since this is her first child. Lori, Bonney and Hannah are all on their second so i decided to throw a three person baby shower. Just because you have had one baby shower, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate the next babies that come along. Her are the ladies.

Since they are all due in November I thought what better way to celebrate then with pumpkins. The invitations said, "Three little pumpkins are on their way, so lets celebrate before the big day." Here is the table scape my mom did. She is so great.

As we began to get the food my friend Jenn looked at me and said, "ok jyl, where is the cake." I said, "It's right here." And pointed to the pumpkins in front of her. Yes, the pumpkins in the middle are cake. She thought there were porcelain figurines. For some reason that just cracked me up. Here are the cakes.

I made three mini pumpkins so at the end of the night the girls had a souvenir to take home.

Here is a close up of the sleeping pumpkin babies. Aren't they just adorable. They were so fun to make.


Since the cakes were so small I made pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes for everyone to eat. Some were decorated with fall leaves and the others were decorated to look like a pumpkin.

Instead of each girl opening their presents one by one we dicided to have them do it all at the same time. I looked in the room and had to take a picture. It was a see of gift bags.
All in all it was a wonderful night. Good friends, good food, and good fun. 
5 comments:
It was a really fun party and the cakes were adorable as usual.
So cute Jyl. You & mom are awesome! When I first saw the pumpkin cakes, I too thought that they were just decorations. You never cease to amaze me sister. I love you & I love your cakes. Miss ya!
Oh my! This is fantastic! Congrats to Lori and Bonney!(I don't know Hannah).
By the way, Jyl, I don't have your email address to send you an invite for my blog. I had to set it on private. (ioana_clayton@yahoo.com)
Amazing!!!! I LVOE the pumpkins! You never stop amazing me with your fabilous talents!
I bet that was a fun party too! Did Andy go golfing that day?
Post a Comment