Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Christmas Tag

This a a holiday tag and since the spirit of Christmas has come early to me this year I have decided to play along. Oh, and if you are wondering about the picture of alley on the left and wondering what that has to do with christmas well, that was her last year for christmas. I think it was her worst present and our favorite present. Doggles. 


1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? wrapping paper and I have andy wrap everything. I am horrible and he could do it for a perfection. 

2. Real Tree or Artificial? Real. Andy insists on real. I would like fake since I wouldn't have to put the lights on it every year and I think of it more as an investment. Oh, and if I had an artificial tree I wouldn't be able to see andy's face like this (picture below) when he gets to carry around his chainsaw when we cut down our tree. 
3. When do you put up your tree? It all depends. If we are going to be here for Christmas it is up about the first or second week of December. If we are not going to be here for Christmas I do not put a tree up. We have an average of every other year. 

4. When do you take down the tree? The day after Christmas. Another Andy rule. 

5. Do you like eggnog? NOOOO

6. Favorite gift received as a child? It has to be a tie between my chalk board and my karaoke machine. ( you have to remember that Lara) If any one want to see Lara, Lindsey and Me singing the entire soundtrack to Aladdin with special effects come on over. 

7. Hardest person to buy for? Any one in Andy's family. I never have a clue.  Andy family if you are reading this, give us a hint. 

8. Do you have a nativity scene? I'm not sure

9. Mail or email Christmas Cards? I do not do Christmas Cards sorry. Every once in a while andy will print off some random picture and send it to people for christmas. If you have received one of those you must be special. 

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? A giant sleeping bag. You should have seen my face (we have it on video) I was 7 or 8 and that was not exactly what I wanted for Christmas, but it turned out to be an awesome present. My dad and us girls used it as a sled and slide down the stairs in it that night. 

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th street, Santa Clause, The Grinch who stole Christmas, anything on the 25 days until Christmas countdown and I used to like the Christmas Story until one year at Andy's parents house we watched it 6 times in a row (it was on for 24 hours on tv) I think it was Kimmie's idea. 

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The week before Christmas. 

13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate covered graham crackers, shrimp dip and Rachel's Christmas cookies.

14. Lights on the tree? Who has ever heard of a Christmas tree without lights. 

15. Favorite Christmas Song? Anything from the Carpenters Christmas. 

16. Travel at Christmas of Stay Home? It depends on who is doing the coolest thing for Christmas. 

17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes, if you know Rudolph the red nose reindeer you should know them all. 

18. Angel on the top or a star? Neither. 

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Both.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The radio stations are all Christmas music all day even before thanksgiving. 

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? Mine is red, white and silver. I love to decorate the Christmas tree. It is kind of my thing. 

22. Favorite Christmas Dinner? anything as long as the whole family is together. 

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I could actually think of something this year. I want an electric wheat grinder and I would love a table saw and a miter saw. Not a joke. I have some projects I would like to work on from the comfort of my own garage. 

24. Add on for me. My Favorite Christmas Gift Received Ever? Nicole, I love you, you are a gift and  Andy. We were married on Christmas eve. Happiest day of my life. Love you Andy. 

ok, I now want Shauna, Keri, Elaine and Lara to do this. Please. It's Christmas. 


4 comments:

Toni said...

What a fun little list. It's always fun to learn more about my friends.

Lara said...

Jyl! I REALLY want to see some of our embarrasing videos!! You should seriously make a copy of all of the crazy stuff we did and mail it to me. What great memories!

Hollie said...

Awesome!!! I really didn't think you would do this being so busy and all. You know, I've never see you guys with a Christmas tree, isn't that weird? Although it was way fun last year when you helped us decorate ours! Good Times!!! Love ya Jyl!

Hollie said...

Oh, and that picture of Andy is hilarious!!!!!! I love it!