It is almost thanksgiving and I knew some of you would be looking for a new pumpkin pie recipe. Here is a lovely one. This pie is from the amazing Martha Stewart Kitchen. Man do those people know how to bake. This makes the most beautiful, puffy, amazing pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie:
9" deep dish pie shell
1 (15 ounces) Can of pumpkin puree
3/4 cup of Brown sugar, packed
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Clove
1 tsp Vanilla
3 large eggs
1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix everything together in a medium size bowl using a whisk.
3. Pour into your pie shell
4. Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 325 degrees and bake 40 minutes more. This pie bakes up puffy, but will flatten out when cooled.
Hints:
1. To insure a baked crust, partially prebake the pie shell. I have the instructions of the Brownie Pecan Pie. Let cool, then bake as directed.
2. Serve room temperature or cold not hot. Pie is wonderful with whipped cream.
3. It is very important that you use a deep dish pie shell. This makes a ton of filling. If you don't split it between two regular pie shells.

1 comment:
I wonder if this will meet Jeff's approval. I might have to give it a try.
Post a Comment