This post is souly for me and my records. I have been trying to do a post a week. You can read it if you want. I hate to be sick. I feel like everything comes to a stop even though it needs to move on. All day at work on Monday I felt horrible. I ached, my throat hurt and my eyes were burning. Usually I would just go home and pretend it didn't happen, but this day I didn't. I don't know why, I just didn't. On the way home I bought out the pharmacy. If you see to the left I bought everything I could. I even bought a thermometer. When I got home I took my temperature. Actually I took it like five times because I didn't believe it. 101 degree temperature. Well, all the cool things I was going do this week went away. The rest of the week was taking medicine, sleeping, taking medicine, sleeping. Andy has been so sweet. He has cleaned the house, cooked meals, made emergency stops at the pharmacy and has watched tons of X Files episodes with me. All without complaining. He is Awesome. Saturday morning I woke up and I couldn't take it anymore. I finally went to the doctors and it's strep throat. I haven't had this since I was in elementary school. Now from everything I have read it is most common in young kids and teens. So what I want to know is who's kid got me sick. One Halloween when I was 8 I ended up not being able to go trick or treating do to the fact I had strep, that's when I knew how crappy it was. Now today I am feeling much better. My throat is still sore, but I can at least swallow without crying and I'm still tired, but I'm not sleeping every other hour. Sorry about this post. I just needed to get this off my chest. To everyone. Wash your hands and cover your mouths when you sneeze and cough. I look forward to warmer weather when this stuff goes away.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Sick
On a happy note Andy started his welding classes this week. His company was sending a few guys to welding school to become certified welders and Andy is one of the ones that gets to go. I am very excited for him. Not only is welding a really cool thing to learn, but it is a great skill he can add to his resume and it's free. We like to call it job security. I have to admit I am a little jealous. This is something I have always wanted to learn. Not for practical application, just in case I woke up one day and said, "I would like to make a metal sculpture," and then I could go do it. Plus it's just awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh Jyl, you poor thing! I wish I was there to help:( Being sick is the pits! I hope you feel better soon.
What season are you guys on? I started watching them in October and I'm now in the middle of season 4. I would of loved to watch it with you guys and then discuss:)
I am so sorry you were so sick! I hate being sick! That's so sweet of Andy to take such good care of you. Way to go, Andy!
Buggy, I'm sorry you are so sick, but I'm glad that you finally seem to be on the mend. Thanks for the recipes, too. I always love your recipes because I know that they will be delicious and I know that I can call you when I have questions (which I still do when it is a recipe from someone else, but at least it's easier for you to understand my questions when you have actually made it before). I wish that I could be there with you. Love you tons! I'm praying for you. I know you have a busy week. Love, Wein
Sorry to hgear you're sick. I hope you're better soon. It's great that Andy is taking care of you. It makes it easier to get better.
Yikes! That is so sad that you had strep! Ugh. I am glad you are feeling better. Man, you guys know what to do with your down time..I LOVE the X-Fils.
Jyl! I need your email address to add you to my blog list. I don't have it. Cherie called me this afternoon and said you needed it. Sorry....I didn't know. Also, my blog isn't that exciting. I need to update it more. I mostly used it at first to post pics for my family of the dog. I should use it for more updates though.
Post a Comment