Well, it's almost Fat Tuesday and the beginning of Mardi Gras. People here have already started celebrating which means Kings Cake. This week it was enough for 100 and next week (the actual week mardi gras starts) there will be more. I love making Kings Cake. Just the look of them makes me smile and they taste so wonderful. This was had a Cinnamon filling.
This week my friend Susan asked if I would make a birthday cake for her husband and son. I was very excited about it and when I was done andy wanted to keep it for himself. 
Yes, it's the millenium falcon. I was so excited to make this. I love star wars and who doesn't remember the millenium falcon. It's all cake. The whole time I was making it andy kept saying, "that's the coolest cake I have ever seen." Some other comments where "may the force be with you" and "happy birthday you must have." My favorite part of making cakes is seeing the reaction that people have when they see their cake. When I dropped this off, Susan's kids were awesome. They kept touching it and saying things like; look at this, that's so cool, it's really cake. She ended up having to lock the cake in her bedroom until it was time for the party. They just couldn't keep their hands off it. It was wonderful. This is why I do this. At church today Susan's daughter came up and gave me this picture. Susan said she did it all by herself as in she came up with the idea all by herself. It is a thank you for the cake. This might be the best thank you I have ever gotten. This is definitely a keeper. 
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Happy Birthday You Must Have
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! That cake is AMAZING!!!!! I think you have now accomplished the highest rank in cake decorating. I can see Andy wanting to keep that one for himself. Emma is adorable!!! predandi
ok, I guess I typed the word verification in my comment:) That cake is just so overwhelming!!!!!
like I said on your other blog, that cake is totally awesome! That is the cake I would want you to make for me if that were possible. :)
Wow, bug! Ben & I love this cake. I can't wait to show it to Adalyn tomorrow. Amazing! Even if you weren't into Star Wars you would love this cake. You are too awesome for words! Wow! Wow! Wow!
This cake is amazing. I love it and I am sure it was the hit of the party!
Wow! I have never seen so much detail in a cake. If my nephew didn't live so far away I would pay you to make the same cake for his birthday. He is a star wars junkie. I love love love the cake.
May the cake decorating force be with you.
Very cool cakes, Jyl!
That is pretty crazy. I think Bryson and his brothers might pee their pants in excitement if they ever saw this... I better not tell them about it. :-O Such amazing detail! XOXO
Cherie
Post a Comment