Here is the cake I did last week. The theme was diva. What do you do for a diva cake for a woman that is in her 50's. Well, when I think of diva I think of something that is over the top and that loves to be pampered. Somehow by the end of my brain storming it turned into a Moroccan princess. This cake is my interpretation of what that would look like.


We finally got snow. And not just a little snow, we got 10 inches. Sunday evening it started to snow. It was so beautiful, we decided to talk the dog for a walk in it. She loves the snow. When we lived in tennessee we always would take her out in the snow and the first thing she would do was barry her head like an ostrich. At 10 years old she still thinks she is a snow ostrich.
By the time we woke up Monday morning this is what the backyard looked like. It was wonderful. Andy of course had to get out his trusty ruler to measure how much snow we got and yes, it was 10 inches. The best part is that it is wednesday and it's still here. I just wish we could have gotten this for Christmas. Adalyn and Cosette would have loved it. Andy, of course, couldn't work since it's freezing and it's so cold so we have been able to spend some fun time together. Tuesday we decided to spread the love and invite my brother in law Michael (kimmie is out of town for her rotation this month) and Andy's grandma out to lunch. We ate at heavenly panara. I think andy's grandma was happy to get out of the house. We didn't remove the snow from her car until Tuesday after lunch to make sure she didn't go out and drive. She is 86-87 or something. That might sound mean, but we will do whatever is needed to keep her safe. 

3 comments:
Thanks for posting pictures! I've been trying to figure out what your cake looked like because all I could get out of mom is "It's the neatest thing I have ever seen." It is awesome, and it screams diva to me...and it is HUGE! Your creativity amazes me. The snow is beautiful, and I had forgotten that Alley loves the snow. The ostrich thing cracks me up. The grandma thing cracked me up, too. :)
The cake is great. I too am glad we finally got some snow.
You really are amazing!!! That cake is AWESOME!
Post a Comment