Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where have I been?

Where have I been? That is a good question. This past week I decided I was going to avoid work as much as possible and to fill that time I went puzzle crazy. In a week I did this cow puzzle that was 1,5000 pieces and....
This village puzzle that was 1,000 pieces. How it all happened was my dad had given my mom this puzzle for valentines day. We were over on a Sunday and I was a little bored. I saw that my mom hadn't even opened the puzzle yet so I took it upon myself to get it started. I forgot how fun puzzles are. I became addicted. it took a week to complete it due to the fact i only worked on it when I would drop by. I was so obsessed that I went out the very day I finished it and bought another. I finished the cow puzzle in 3 days. Crazy. But I loved and hated every moment of it. I love how it takes hours and hours to put these things together and only a minute to take them apart. 
I know that story was boring, but that is really all I have been doing. I did manage to squeeze in a cupcake tutorial in the middle of the puzzle making. This little girl is in my stake and for her science fair project she me to teach her how to make cupcakes. I know, I wish that was an option for my science fair projects. Ok, I actually never did do one, but if it could have been something like this I might have. 
Here is her finished product. She decorated these all by herself. This was a great way for me to get rid of some of the left over dried flowers I had lying around. I just let her pick for the leftovers. I love the combinations she put together.  

Last but not least it was St. Patrick's day this week. Oh, how I love St. Patty's day. For some reason, I really identify with my Irish heritage and am quite proud of it. I think it has to do with when my mother in law took me to Ireland for a girls trip. I just fell in love. I always feed the missionaries during the week of St. Patrick's so I take that as an opportunity to teach them about Irish food. Sometimes it's corned beef and cabbage, others it's sticky toffee pudding and an Irish stew. Tonight I am making a traditional Irish breakfast minus the blood sausage. I do not like blood sausage. It kind of creeps me out. There will be fried eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and soda bread. Yummy. Well, happy late St. Patty's day to all of you. I hope you didn't get pinched, and I hope you did have the opportunity to pinch someone. (this cake was for a birthday party at the club that just happened to be on St. Patrick's day. It's the only picture I have that was related to the subject. 

3 comments:

Ioana said...

I love puzzles too! It's like you enter a different world when you do them. It's too cool!

Toni said...

I don't know if I could do a puzzle that long. I love the finished product though.

Keri said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who becomes completely taken over when I start a puzzle. I started doing them at the end of my pregnancy to pass the time when I was so uncomfortable & tired. Then we did one while my family was here after Madi was born--Disney mosiac puzzle...I highly recommend them. Don't count on getting anything else done during that week though:)