Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Cakes

It was another fun week of cakes and cupcakes. My first cake was for my friend Melanie's baby shower. She is a first time mom with a little girl on the way. The cake was patterned after her baby bedding. 
I loved these little ducks and this was my first time making cattails. 
I made some cupcakes in between these cakes, but I do not have a picture. They were for a kids table at a wedding. My second cake was for a set of twins. They were having an indoor swimming party. 
The little girl actually asked for this look. She asked for a fuchsia bikini with green polka dots. 
The little boy asked for spiderman swimming trunks. You can't tell from the picture, but there is the spiderman symbol on the right leg. 

My greatest news ever came today. I finally got my girls scout cookies. Oh, how I love girls scout cookies and never get them. I sure that has a little to do with why I love them but they are also sooooo good. I don't know anyone that sales them and I never run into anyone at the grocery store. Well, I found out a little late that a little girl in my ward was selling them, but my order wasn't a guarantee. I could only get them if they were leftover. Lucky for me they had everything I wanted. Oh girls scout cookies. You make my day. 

4 comments:

Lara said...

I love your little duckies and cat tails - they remind me of cat tails on our street in Price...they don't grow there anymore... Anyway! What are your favorite kind of girl scout cookies? Mine have to be the chocolate mint ones - YUMMY!!!

Toni said...

Your cakes are so cute. I love the detail of the Spiderman symbol on the trunks. I too am a sucker for Girl Scout cookies. The thin mints are my favorites.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Love the duck cake! I've missed out on girls scout cookies the last few years...sad. I'm glad you got yours, though. Can't wait to see you! Love you! ~Wein

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Oh! And the kid cake turned out awesome. It is so fun. I bet they loved it.