Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Cakes

Here is my monthly update. That is sad that I have been posting only once a month. Life has just been a little crazy. Sorry everyone that has been checking. I really am going to try better. Here are my latest cakes. To introduce my first cake I have to start back about 2 years ago. Daniel Friend made a comment 2 years ago that when he graduates (he got his PhD in some kind of engineering, or something crazy smart like that) all he wanted was a cake by me. Well, this last weekend he graduated and the cake was made. This is may crazy fat hokie bird that I love so much. I love the fact that is looks like there is now way he could ever stand up on his own two legs. 

Daniel's wife Kim is a supper woman. He plan for the weekend was to be here Friday for the graduation, pick up the cake, go home (Raleigh, NC), have his graduation party Saturday evening and then Tuesday morning baby number four was being induced. Now do you see why she is a super women. Well, Thursday evening they got a surprise and baby Nicolas was born. Needless to say, she did not make it to the graduation, but I'm pretty sure she made it in time for the graduation party on Saturday. Well, a woman like that deserved a cake of her own. 

This baby might be me very favorite baby I have ever made. I'm not sure why, but I just love his huge eyes and the expression. 
Congratulation Daniel and Kim. What an amazing weekend you had. 




3 comments:

Toni said...

What cute cakes. Kim really is super woman.

Ioana said...

Congrats to the Friends for all their happenings! Kim is AWESOME! The cakes are amazing, as usual!

Kim Friend said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You sure spoiled us. Of course, the cakes were the talk of the party! You are truly talented. It's amazing that you can make the cakes taste as good as they look. Just amazing!