Happy St. Patrick's day (yesterday) everyone. With all of my Irish heritage, I love to celebrate St. Patrick's day. Well, this day just happened to be supper special. Alice rolled over, and over and over. I think I counted 12 times before she finally passed out from exhaustion. She had rolled over on Monday, I didn't get to see it I was in the kitchen. I had laid her on her back on the ground and when I came back five minutes later she was on her tummy laughing and talking to the animals on her floor gym. I just thought it was an accident and didn't expect to see do it again for a long time. Well, we went over to my mom's house for dinner last night and Alice was a little squirmy so I put her down on the ground. Next thing I know she is rolling over. I put her back on her back and she rolled over again and again. I couldn't believe it. I guess it was the luck of the Irish. Well, I figured she probably wouldn't be able to do it this morning, Wrong. We always have naked time in the morning so she can air her butt out from a long night in a diaper and while she plays I usually make the bed and clean up a little. Well, needless to say, she rolled on her tummy again. At first I thought it was cute, but then I realized I would never get her to stay on her mat ever again, and she is a happy spitter. A little later I went in my room, which is like 20 steps, to open my blinds so the sun could come in when I went back into her room there she was on her tummy, but this time she was covered in poop. Yes, poop. She never poops in the morning. I guess all that rolled squeezed the poop right out of her. This rolling over thing is making life a little more complicated, but I have to admit. I think she is happier. It's given her a little Independence. In fact, she has figured out if she keeps rolling from her back to her tummy, back to her back and then back to her tummy over and over she can move quite a distance. What am I going to do. She is to smart for me. Here is a video of her rolling over for the third time ever.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Luck of the Irish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This kid is stinking cute! I love her. I keep watching this video over and over again. I love how you can see her work to get her body just right, so she can roll over. Oh, I can't wait to see her!!! Love you! ~Wein
Super exciting. Once they get mobile, it changes everything. She's so cute.
She is sooooo cute!!!!
Awe that is so cute! She is getting so big!!! Awe, I want to see her so bad, and you!!!!
I remember when Kenzie was about that age and I went to a movie with a friend, and daddy was in charge. Yeah, she rolled right off the bed! He didn't think she would move, but as he left the room he heard a huge plop! And, when I came home Kenzie had a huge red rug burn on her head.
So cute bug! She is too smart Bug. I too can't wait too see that little cutie, and you of course.
Post a Comment