Monday, February 15, 2010

Easy Dinner Rolls

Once again I am trying to build up my food storage recipes. These are the easiest dinner rolls ever and delicious. A friend of my moms makes these and they are so wonderful I had to have the recipe. The best part of this is you don't even have to use a mixer. You can (I do), but it can all be done in one bowl.


Dinner Rolls (48 rolls)
3 Tbsp instant yeast
1 Cup sugar
2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, melted or margarine
2 1/2 cups warm water 115-120 degrees
3/4 cup powdered milk
6 Tbsp powdered eggs + 1 cup and 1 Tbsp water or 6 eggs
9 cups flour

1. Mix the first seven ingredients together. Add the 9 cups of flour. Mix first with a spoon then with your hands until all the flour is Incorporated.
2. Cover and let rise 30-60 minutes until it is doubled in size. Divide the dough into 48 dinner rolls. Shape into a ball. Place 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise 30-60 minutes the rolls have doubled in size.
3. Bake 350 for 15 minutes and until they are golden brown.

Hints:
1. These can be made into sandwich or hamburger buns. Just divide the dough into 20 portions.
2. This dough can be halved if you would like to make a smaller batch.
3. If you would like to use a mixer, just put everything the mixing bowl and mix for 3 minutes and then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
4. I like to make these on Sunday. I mix the dough before church and cover it. While I'm at church it rises. Once I get home I shape the rolls, let them rise 30 minutes and then bake the rolls off. You can even make the dough up the night before and when you leave for church just take it out of the fridge and leave it on the counter. Then finish when you get home.




3 comments:

Toni said...

All of the food looks really good.

Kristen Parnell said...

Did you know that tomorrow is National Pancake Day? I'm excited-- I'm making your pumpkin pancakes. Thanks for the great recipes. I LOVED the tamale casserole and am making the enchilada one this week.

Laine said...

HI Jyl,

Nicole loved seeing the picture of Alice with the baby we sent. She's been sick, but she's doing better today. I love her hair too. :) I cut it for her. :) I think it makes her look a lot older. We love you.