Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Baby is Two Months Old

I can't believe that my baby is ten weeks old. Were has the time gone. Last week I saw a baby at the doctors that was the same size as Alice and I couldn't believe she was so tiny. All I can picture her like is the size she is now, but at one time she was so much smaller. Over the last few weeks I can't believe how much she has changed. Alice loves to sit up by herself. She has to be propped up, but she feels like such a big girl. She also loves to stand up. There are some nights were all she wants to do is stand. Don't even think about being carried like a baby.
I can't believe how cute Alice's cheeks have gotten. They have filled out and she now has the cutest dimple on her left cheek.

Alice loves to suck and hold her blankets. She thinks it's funny. She smiles and laughs in between biting the blanket.

Alice is all smiles now. I love it. It makes my day so wonderful to have my smile at me. She also likes to laugh. My favorite is when she first wakes up in the morning. We talk, smile and laugh for fifteen minutes before we start out day. It's wonderful.

You have to look at this picture close, but here is Alice in her favorite place in the whole house. She is all smiles on the changing table. When she was first born she would scream bloody murder whenever you would even touch her diaper now if there is even a teaspoon of pee in her diaper she screams her head off. As soon as you unclasp on side she is all smiles and giggles. My mom loves changing her diaper. After her diaper is changed my mom and Alice baby talk back and forth to each other.
Alice hates her car seat. I mean hates it. As soon as she sees it she starts to cry. It is a fight to put her in it, but as soon as she is buckled in she falls asleep. One minute there will be crying and the next nothing. Complete silence. I love this picture of her holding the car seat straps like prison bars.
Andy gave Alice her first bath in her bath tub a couple weeks ago. Before that I was just bathing her in the bathroom sink, but she grew out of it. This is now a father daughter activity each night. Andy loves it and Alice loves it. We put a couple rubber floating toys in with her and she kick, kick, kicks them. Now instead of crying because she is getting a bath, she now cries if you take her out.
Now it might sound like Alice cries a lot but she doesn't. She cries when she is hungry, has a dirty diaper and when she is super sleepy. Other than that she is all smiles. She is such a sweet baby. Alice has started to recognize Andy and I. She now knows who her mommy and daddy are and who isn't. If I'm not holding her and she hears my voice she will look around the room trying to find me.
I had to include this picture. Every time I look at it I think who is that kid. It doesn't look anything like Alice. That face just crack me up.
Alice had her two month check up last Wednesday. Grandma Rachel came along for moral support. I think more for me than for Alice. The whole shot thing is horrible. It took everything I had in me to not cry. There were three shots and oral vaccination. The poor thing. Watching her pinned down, being stabbed over and over. She started to scream and cry so hard she couldn't breath and turned bright red. As soon as they were done I picked her up and held her close. She whimpered a couple times and then fell fast asleep. She was so deep in sleep that she didn't wake up when I dressed or put her in her car seat. I was home for twenty minutes before she finally woke up. For the rest of the day all she wanted was to be held by me. We sat in the rocking chair. She would eat, then fall back asleep and then it would start all over again. For the next couple days all she has wanted was me. The poor little thing. Yesterday was the first day she was happy being with Andy again.
At Alice's two month appointment she was 12 lbs, 23 1/2 inches long. She is 85% for height, 50% for weight and 35% for head circumference.
Other fun things about Alice:
Alice loves to look at fans and shadows on the ceiling. They fascinate her.
Alice does not like tummy time and she refuses to push herself up with her arms. when you lay her on her tummy she lifts her hands up in the air like super man. The only time she lifted her self up with her arms was when we were at the doctors office. The doctor put her on her belly and she pushed herself up like she was doing up dog. I think she was showing off for the doctor.
Alice doesn't go to bed before 11:00 at night and even then it is a battle. The good thing is she is now sleeping five and six hours in a row at night. She then wakes up eats and then goes back to sleep for another two or three hours.
Alice has started the process of teething. Lots of drool and chewing on things. The doctor said there probably wont be any teeth for two or three months, but this is how it goes.
It now only takes fifteen minutes to eat now. I love it.
When Alice is hungry her cry cracks me up. She does a cough cry with snorting in between. It is so funny.
I have read a ton of books since Alice was born. I read about a book a week. Here are my resent reads:
The Percy Jackson and the Olympian series
The Book Thief
These is My Words
Sarah's Blanket
Water and the Blood
My friend Katie helped me remember one more series I read; The Hunger Games. It is awesome, I mean awesome. If you are looking for something to read you should read this. There are two books and the third book comes out in August. Awesome.




3 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

Jyl, she's adorable!

Have you read the Hunger Games series? I got those for Christmas & they were soooo good.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

It's official...Alice is the cutest baby in the whole world. Love her! ~Wein

Laine said...

Oh Jyl i love seeing these pictures and reading about your baby. She is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the details you included in your posts. I love it all...joy, joy, joy!