Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Years

Shauna and the girls came New Years day and we had a great time hanging out as a family. We had great food, Wii battles, and lots of dress up and barbie playing. Lindsey and Kurtis were able to spend a couple days with all of us and then they had to go, but before they left we had to have uncle Kurtis hold Alice. The only problem was she was hungry, but I had to put this on the blog as a record of the first time Kurtis held Alice.
It was so wonderful having Shauna and the girls here. Boy do I miss them. Twice a year just isn't enough for me. I wish I could see them all the time. Every time I see the girls they change so much.
The girls had Christmas all over again when they arrived at my parents. I think there favorite thing they received were these dresses.

They put them on immediately and started to twirl and twirl. It was so cute. We had a ton of fun at my house. There favorite things were the Thats Not My books from usborne books, playing Disney Princess wii game and jumping on the giant tiger and lion. Adalyn caught on really fast with the Thats Not My books and she started reading them to me. She kept saying, " Five year olds can't read, but I can read like a six year old." It was so cute.
One morning I walked in the room and I found Cosette like this. Pen all over her face. She had been drawing and she had no idea she had drawn all over her face. When we let her look in the mirror she had a look of surprise. She seriously had no idea.
Here are just a few fun pictures we took one night.

One of the major things I wanted to do was get a picture of the girls all together. I love the way that Adalyn is holding Alice, like she is a precious doll.

Now we all remember doing this when we were younger with our dads. Well, grandpa has brought it back with the grandkids. I love my dad's face in the first picture. It cracks me up. He is such a great grandpa.

I think Grandma was in heaven with all her grand-daughters around. And boy do they love her.
Before Adalyn and Cozy left to go back home I asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up. Adalyn first said she didn't know, but them she shouted out, "Hanna Montana." Yes, even five year old knows who Hanna Montana is. Cozy new right away what she wanted to be, a pink musketeer. They love the new barbie movie the four musketeers and that is what she wanted to be.
Adalyn also was very excited about being five. She kept saying " five year olds can't do__ but I can do it like a six year old." I loved it.
The girls loved there new cousin Alice. The always would talk about baby alice. It was so cute.
It was so wonderful having them there and I miss them every day. Love you guys.

2 comments:

Hollie said...

How fun!!!! Jyl that picture of you and Alice is adorable!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that baby!!! I miss you guys! Love ya!

Shauna said...

That top picture I think has to be one of my all time favorites of Alice. I can't wait to print it and hanging it up in my house. I love it. She is so cute & she is changing. She already looks older. All of your new posts were great! You must be blogged out for the time being. So what did you think of These is My Words? I finished the first Percy Jackson book, which I enjoyed, how did you like the rest? I miss you guys. Love you & give Alice a hug & kiss from me.