Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread

Who doesn't love the center of a cinnamon roll. Well, if you do you will love this recipe. I have now made it three times in the last month. It is to die for. You wont be able to resist seconds. The best part is it can be made the night before and then baked the next day.


Cinnamon Pull-Apart Bread

1 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 (2 lb) bag of frozen bread roll dough (or 24 dough balls)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Dip the frozen bread dough in the butter then roll it in the cinnamon sugar. Place in a greased bundt pan or a 10 inch tube pan. Sprinkle with the pecans and a little of the left over cinnamon and sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 8-18 hours.

2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Beat the whipping cream to medium peaks (this part is very important it should be the consistency of yogurt). Fold in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread over the bread rolls.

3. Place the pan on a cookie sheet if you don't there will be a big mess. Place the pan in the over uncovered. Decrease the temperature to 325 degrees. Bake for one hour or until it is cooked through. Flip onto a plate. Let it cool ten minutes before eating. This is wonderful with whipped cream or icecream.

Hints:
I discovered something new tonight. I let the cake sit in the pan for 40 minutes while I did some other things and when I finally dumped it out on a plate the top was covered in a gooey caramel. So good.


7 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

Yum - this looks like monkey bread! Love it. Except I've never used heavy whipping cream in it...I need to try that. :)

Toni said...

Looks yummy!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

mmmm...this is dangerous...

Hollie said...

Why do you do this to me?

Lara said...

Oh.my.goodness!!! That looks so incredibly yummy!!

Kristen Parnell said...

I'm making this right now-- so excited! I have a new goal to do a new recipe each week. I'm starting with the recipes from your blog. Tried your Wonderful Pasta-- it was SOO wonderful. And I can't wait for this bread tomorrow. 2 questions: in the pasta, do you blend just the milk and c.cheese or blend everything? I blended the entire sauce...
And... am I supposed to thaw these rolls or just put em' all in frozen?

Yeah, so you may be able to tell that I'm not quite the experienced cook ;) Thanks for amazing recipes!

Jyl & Andy said...

On the pasta dish you blend everything together then pour it over the pasta. Do not defrost the rolls before you coat them in the sugar. they will defrost on their own in the fridge. Hope this helps.