Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas '09

This year we had an awesome Christmas. There were so many things to be happy with. Among some of them were we celebrated our 7th anniversary on Christmas Eve, little Alice had her first Christmas and turned six weeks old and Lindsey and Kurtis came in town for Christmas.
Christmas Eve we had dinner at my parents house. We had a semi nontraditional dinner with ham, mac and cheese and shrimp dip. It was really good. I love this picture of my mom. This is what it looks like whenever my mom is in the kitchen. The dogs know she will give them something so they just wait and beg.
Christmas as always started really early this year, but this year we had a record. I was up feeding the baby at five when Andy came in and told me we might as well not go back to sleep. We were to his parents house by 6:30 and we were done with Christmas by 7:30. Alice slept through the whole thing. I was so excited. This year I got a video camera from my in-laws. It is awesome and it was all charged up so I could start filming right away. Alice will now have her first Christmas on tape. Every Christmas morning we have a big breakfast at Andy's parents house. It is everyone's favorite part. It is awesome. Here are some pictures from Christmas morning. Doesn't Rachel look happy with her grand daughter. I found her hiding out in the back room and decided to join her. Others started filtering in and out wanting to see Alice.
Kimmie got a dog hat and I got a sock monkey hat.
This was the first time Alice was held by her uncle Michael. He makes funny noises and faces for her. She loves it.
We all decided it was time that her Grandpa Robinson held her. At first he tried to resist by grabbing a hold of Kimmie,
But in the end we won.
After Christmas with Andy's family we headed to my parents house for Christmas number two. We got some awesome presents and we had some fun laughs. In fact, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I had to reapply my mascara three time. The first came with the matching guy gifts. Each year my mom gets the guys the same gifts and for some reason they are always so funny. This year they were dickeys and man bags. Whenever I think of dickeys I think of Chevy Chase's brother in Christmas vacation. If you have seen it you will know what I'm talking about.
The second laugh came with an electric bug swatter that Andy got. His parents have one and he has always had fun shocking people, but it runs on double A batteries. This one runs on D batteries. He first got my dad and then he got himself. They both jumped ten feet in the air. Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but it got them good. The last laugh came from my aunt Laurie. My parents did a re-gift thing with my aunt and uncle. I guess my aunt read my post about my mom hiding her lips in the picture with Alice since she didn't have her lipstick on so she sent my mom a bag of sample lipsticks. We all thought it was hilarious and my mom thought it was the greatest gift in the whole world.
Thank you everyone for making this such an awesome Christmas. Next post will be new years which brought more family and more laughs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog on Christmas 2009. Glad to see that you had a great time on Christmas. Have a great new year. Ihampers.co.uk

Toni said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. Watch out for Andy and his swatter.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

love this post....just wish i was still there :( ~Wein