I can't believe my baby is a month old. Where has this month gone? One thing I know is that I haven't slept it away. Alice still doesn't have her days and nights figured out. It is getting better. We usually have two bad night and then one good night and then it repeats. I'll take the one good night. For some reason even if we don't sleep very well at night when the sun comes up I feel better and I just know we can make it through another day. She doesn't sleep a ton during the day. She takes little cat naps, but she mostly likes to just be up and look around at the world. I love this kid and I can't believe how much she has changed in only a month. Here are some of her most recent pictures.

Great Grandma Carol gave this adorable dress to Alice. I just love her in it.

Alice is starting to enjoy her bath time. She gets excited when I put her in her bath. The only thing she doesn't like is getting her hair washed. If we could skip that part everything would be wonderful. Being a baby is so hard.
We have been working on tummy time. She doesn't love it. She is ok for the first couple minutes and then she no longer wants to be on her tummy. She is getting better at holding up her head. I think in a couple weeks she will have it mastered. The other night I had alice on her tummy I turned around to get something and when I turned back she was on her back. I put her back on her belly and watched her roll back onto her back. She did that three times in a row. It was cute, but it is making tummy time a lot harder.
Alice is finally wearing her 0-3 month clothes. She is long enough for them, but they still drowned her. She just keeps getting longer not wider. She is one skinny kid. she reminds me of a frog when she is lying on her back with her long arms and legs with a tiny tummy.
Alice likes to lay in this. It goes to her stroller. It still has the tag hanging from the handle and it fascinates her. It is fun watching her get excited over it.
This is alice trying to wake up. She is stretching and stretching. I also wanted to put this picture in because I loved this outfit. I am so glad she can finally wear it.
This week was crazy. The weather guys were predicting that we would be having a ton of snow. My cousin greg and his family were driving through here on there way to see mandi's sister jill. They ended up driving all night to get ahead of the storm. The got in at 5 in the morning. The slept for a while and then they had to be back on the rode. They left at noon and the storm rolled in around two. I got to spend a little time with them before they left. Emily really wanted to hold alice. She was so cute with her. I guess this was the first time she got to hold a baby besides her brother nathan.
We ended up getting 15 inches of snow that day. This is the most amount of snow I have ever seen since moving here ten years ago. It's beautiful, but I can't believe how dumb some people are. You wouldn't believe how many people have tried to drive there little tiny cars around in 15 inches of snow before the roads are plowed. Crazy.
Alley does not like all the snow we have gotten. It is messing up her potting routine. The day we got this much snow she wouldn't go out all day. Andy ended up having to take her for a walk to get her to go potty. He then came home and shoveled a little path in the back yard so she would have somewhere to potty. The one wonderful thing about the snow is we will have a white christmas. The first one I have had since moving here.

3 comments:
Alice is so cute. I love the little dress on her.
I can't believe how old Alice looks! It is like she is a totally different kid. She looks so cute in Grandma's dress...you need to send it to her. Actually, maybe I'll print it today. She'd love that! Love you...see you in 2 days!!!! ~Wein
So cute. Tell Alice to slow down until I get there. She is already getting too big. I can't wait to see you all. Wow, look at all of that gorgeous snow. We have just been getting rain, imagine that.
Post a Comment