Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Alice

Thursday (Nov.19th) was the day that Doctor Roberts decided Alice needed to come. She was a week over and he felt we shouldn't wait any longer. I was to go to the hospital at midnight. Wednesday I woke up and it felt like any other day. I decided I needed to get everything done before we went in that night. Around 5:00 that night I started to not feel well. We met Andy's parents for dinner that evening and that is when I noticed my contractions were coming quite regularly. We ate and I went home and decided to do some laundry. I started timing the contractions. I was bound and determined not to go to the hospital until my scheduled time. By the time midnight rolled around the contractions were coming seven minutes apart. Once at the hospital the nurses took me to my room and decided before they put the cream on my cervix they should see how how dilated I was. I was a four ( it was 12:20 am). Not a big deal since that Tuesday I was a three. The nurse then left to call the doctor and told me I could walk around. Doctor Roberts arrived a little after 1:00. He checked me. He then asked if I was planning on having an epidural. I said I was thinking about it and he then told me to bad, I was already at a nine and would be pushing soon. The room then went crazy while they set things up and at 2:00 he broke my water and I started pushing. It was not fun, but at 2:36 Alice arrived. I just remember looking over when it was over to see what Alice looked like and all I could see were these long arms and legs in the air. I thought, that can't be my baby. I was expecting a little pot roast and instead I got this long lean baby. She is gorgeous and we love her. Here are some pictures.
Alice sunbathing.
I think this might be the first time Andy has ever held a baby.
Happy Grandma's. We called them at 3am to tell them. They were so excited. They wanted to come in right then, but they held off until 8 am.
They let us take Alice home that Saturday afternoon.
Alice did not like her car seat.
Alice day five.
Alice with grandpa day five.
Alice day four.
Even though alice wanted to wait a week to enter the world, I am so thankful she is finally here. She is amazing and we love her to pieces. Oh and something really fun, Alice and her Cousin Adalyn have the same birthday. They are exactly five years apart. What are the odds?






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is darling- congratulations!!! I love the name Alice. You are going to be a great mom Jyl. Look forward to seeing more pictures. Love you- Robyn

Lara said...

Ah! I know I have said it before, but she is beautiful!! Congratulations, again!

Toni said...

Such cute pictures. We're glad she's here too.