Alice turned 3 weeks old last Thursday. Three weeks. I can't believe it. I also can't believe how much she has changed in such a short time. Here are some pictures of her last week.

I love her in this outfit. Grandma Janice gave it to here. Andy described it as looking like a pack of skittles. She just looks so cute in it. I love it when Alice yawns. I don't know why, but I find it so adorable.

Saying goodbye to Aunt Lindsey.
I love to watch Alice sleep. I think I could do it all day. She makes so many facial expressions as she is sleeping. It is so cute This is her third favorite way to sleep, with her arms crossed. It takes Alice forever to wake up. She never just wakes up. It is really about 10-15 minutes before she will actually open her eyes. First she starts to fidget, then she starts to stretch. After that she opens one eye closes it and then opens the other. That happens over and over and then she finally wakes up.
This is how I found my mom after I showered one day. Everyone one sleeping.

This is Alice in my favorite outfit on top of the quilt that my Aunt Laurie made.
This is Andy's grandma. She came over to see her great grand daughter. It seems like every time she sees Alice, Alice is sleeping. She always tries to wake her up. She pokes her and says over and over wake up Alice, wake up Alice. This time in particular Andy's mom and I were talking when all the sudden we heard some snoring. Andy's grandma had fallen asleep. When we woke her up she said something like, "I guess everyone sleeps when they come in this house." She cracks me up. I think it is so cool that Alice has three great grandparents still alive. Andy's grandma and my mom parents.
Last week my mom came over and we decorated my Christmas tree. I don't know how I would have done it without her. My mom didn't have any lipstick on so this was the only pose she would take with the baby. I love my mom and her lipstick.
I went with a rustic theme this year for our christmas tree. Oh how I love decorating the christmas tree. I guess I get that from my mom. She always had the most beautiful Christmas trees when I was growing up. Alice loves the christmas tree. Sometimes when she is fussy all I have to do is stand in front of the Christmas tree and she calms down. I think she has good taste.
I found Andy and Alice this way the other day. Like father like daughter. It cracked me up. They truly are two peas in a pod.
So cute. That is all I have to say.
Information:1. On Wednesday Dec. 9 I took Alice in to check her weight. She weighed 8.14 lbs. I was so proud. I was a little worried that she wasn't getting enough food in result not gaining enough weight. This check up really helped settle my nerves.
2. This week Alice discovered the art of sucking her thumb or sometimes her finger. She takes her one and and helps guide the other thumb to her mouth. It's so cute and it really helps to soothe her.
3. Alice has started to notice things. I find her just staring at things. Her favorite are the pictures above her changing table. She looks at them and makes baby noises. It so cute and it has really helped with the amount she cries when she gets her diaper changed. She now has something to distract her.
4. Sometimes when Alice is crying really hard I call up my mom or Andy on the phone and have them talk to her. It always calms her down.
5. Alice cries for three reasons, if he is hungry, if she has a dirty diaper and if she is tired and is trying to fight sleep. Man does she fight going to sleep. She will cry full on for 20 minutes and then she just passes out. Literally passes out. Hopefully she will stop fighting sleep and just give in when she is tired.
6. For some reason Alice thinks night time is party time. During the day she will sleep really well and then at night she refuses to sleep. Some nights she is fussy, but most she just lays in my arms looking at thing for hours. Hopefully she will figure out this day night thing soon. Mom needs more than four hours of sleep a night.
7. Man does breast feeding take up a ton of time. I feel like I feed her which is a task keeping her awake to get in a full feeding and when we are done I feel like we start all over again. The one good thing is that I have been getting in some good reading time. This week alone I read: The Van Allen Legacy (blue bloods book #4), The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. All great books. Now I need some more to read. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to here it.

9 comments:
I love your tree! Do you have different themes each year?? Where do you buy your ornaments? I want to have a themed tree, but all the ornaments we have are Marks collection he kept growing up. Yeah, we have quite the boyish tree and I am ready for a fun themed tree. I remember your tree growing up. I think the thing I remember most is the tri-colored cirlce that would change the tree different colors as it went in circles in front of a light. Does that make sense? Do you remember that. I always thought that was super cool. Good luck with the sleep thing. Don't worry, she will eventually figure out the day/night thing - it's just hard to be patient until they learn. She is beautiful. Enjoy her while she is small, these little ones grow fast!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this baby! Holy moly she is so cute. I think she's changed, Bug. She is filling out and looking older. Good thing I'll be there in 9 days, so I don't miss any more of her cuteness! Love you! ~Wein
P.S. Lara, I had forgotten about the rotating colored light thing mom had. Thanks for reminding me of that memory. I wonder what ever happened to that machine...
P.S. I love that her cheeks are getting a little chubbier, I love all the cute ways she sleeps, I love how happy mom is, and did you notice that she has a little dimple in her left cheek on the top picture? I hope that she really does and that it isn't just my eyes playing tricks on me. LOVE YOU! (Oh, and Kurtis likes the picture with her arms crossed and said, "I'll teach her how to rap when I get there." :) ) Love you! Give that baby a big love for me (and Alley, too, so she doens't feel left out.)
Lara, the light that my mom had was also one of my favorite things. I was actually thinking about it the other day. I have no idea what happened to it, but I haven't seen it since we moved from Price. Each year I try to change my tree up a little bit. I always hit the after christmas or the right before christmas sales at Michaels. You can get some cool stuff for 50-75 percent off. Each year I buy a hand full of things to add to my collection then i choose from them. Last year my tree was rustic, but I used greens with the browns. This year I left off the green and added white. My mom really helps to. I buy it and she helps put it all together. I have already bought my stuff for next year. It is going to be brown, blue and white.
Lindsey, I also love her dimple. It is so cute, but she has to smile big to see it. Glad you made it home safely.
Jyl, she's beautiful. :)
Oh, she is so precious! It seems like she smiles in every picture you take of her. I can't wait to meet little Alice!
She's a cutie. Don't worry, as she gets older and more efficient, breastfeeding will take less and less time.
I'm so excited and happy for you guys. She is just perfect.
Post a Comment