I can't believe it, but Alice has been with us for two full weeks and I can't believe how much she has changed in this small amount of time. When she was only four day old she no longer liked her arms to be swaddled. She wanted them free to move around. On the fourth day this is how I found her sleeping. This is one of the two ways she loves to sleep.
When Alice was five days old I had her laying on the bed while I folded some laundry. The next minute I found her lying on her side. I put her back on her back. She then turned herself right back on her side. I didn't think I would have to worry about her getting off her back at least for a month. This is her favorite way to sleep. Every night I put her to bed on her back and a few minutes later I find her on her side again.
When Alice was six days old Kimmie and Michael returned from Arizona and they got to meet Alice for the first time. Kimmie was the first person besides and and I that she spit up on. I think she spit up on her three times. I guess that is Alice's way of welcoming her into the family. 

When Alice was four days old grandma Rachel came over to give Alice her first sponge bath. Alice hates to be naked or get her diaper changed, but she loves a warm sponge bath.
Alice loves the sun. She would sit in the sun all day if I'd let her. Unfortunately since it is winter the sun rarely makes it out from behind the clouds.
Other big things:1. Alice smiled on day two. I don't care if it was gas, it still melted my heart.
2. Alice loves to eat. I think she would eat all day if I would let her. She eats ever two hours for an hour.
3. Alice lost her umbilical cord on Nov. 28 and as of the Dec. 2 she now has a beautiful belly button. I totally freaked out when her umbilical cord fell off. For some reason it totally grossed me out. The doctor asked if I had saved it. NOOO. Who would save that.
4. Dec. 1st was the first day I left Alice. Grandma Janice came over to babysit and I ran errands for an hour. It was nice to get out and Alice slept for the whole time.
5. Dec. 3 Alice had her two week appointment. She weighed 8.7 lbs and is now 21 inches long. She still isn't up to her birth rate and I was concerned so they sent me over to the lactation consultant there in the hospital. After an hour we have come up with a new nursing plan. I now nurse her for thirty minutes and then supplement a half and ounce of formula right after. It seems to be working. She was always so fussy after nursing for an hour. She never seemed happy. The lactation lady said that after 30 minutes Alice wasn't really getting anything, so that is why we are supplementing a little. Now with our new method she seems much happier and mom is much happier she doesn't have to sit there for an hour.

3 comments:
Yeah! She is so cute! I will have to come and visit. Unfortuneatley, I will have to wait a while since Heidi is sick.
I love how she sleeps on her side. What a cutie!
You didn't keep the umbilical chord?! What kind of mother are you?! Just kidding. :) But, I did keep Xander's circ. ring for a while...DON'T ASK ME WHY!!!! I did throw it a way eventually, after I realized how gross that was, but sometimes a mother has a way of seeing something that is usually disgusting as something that is precious....it's a mother thing. Alice is so precious!
Post a Comment