Monday, February 15, 2010

Yummy Fluffy Puffy Pancakes


My quest for food storage recipes brought me to pancakes. Oh, how I love fluffy hot pancakes covered in jam and syrup. Yes, a sugar overload. That is what the glass of milk is for. Yesterday I found a great fluffy pancake recipe that I tried out on Andy. There were exactly what I was looking for. They have a wonderful taste and they are so puffy.


Fluffy Puffy Pancakes:
3/4 cup water + 3 Tbsp powdered buttermilk or 3/4 cup of buttermilk
1 Tbsp powdered egg + 3 Tbsp water or 1 egg
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 cup AP flour
2-3 Tbsp sugar (depending how sweet you like your pancakes)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine all the wet ingredients set aside. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir just until Incorporated. There will be lumps, that is good. Do not mix them out. Portion using 1/4 cup measuring cup. Cook until golden brown on both sides. yields 7-8 pancakes.

Hint:
1. If you do not have buttermilk you can make a sour milk. Combine 3/4 cup of milk and 2 Tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit 5 minutes then make the recipe as is.
2. If you want to try something different you can add orange zest, nuts, blueberries, chocolate chips or anything else you like in your pancakes.




No comments: