Alice is actually four months old, but I kind of missed three months. The third month was a life savor to me. People kept telling me if you can just make it to the third months things get better and better. Well, it was true. Alice finally learned how to sleep for four and five hour stretches, she was sleeping only in her bassinet and we finally got down a bedtime routine, which all meant more sleep for mom. Thank goodness. I thought I was going to go crazy from lack of sleep. The sleep still isn't perfect, but I'll take it. Alice had a ton of firsts in the third month. Things finally started to warm up a little after our 30 something inches of snow on the ground started to go away and Andy wanting a little Andy time, I decided it was time for Alice to start going to church with me. She looked so cute in her little red dress. We took a few pictures and were about to head out the door when....

Yep, spit-up all over the place. So I quickly changed her, which of course made us late for church, but we made it. Alice fell asleep on the way to church and I was so glad. I thought, oh, maybe she will sleep or part sacrament meeting. No, as soon as they started blessing the sacrament, Alice decided she was hungry. We quickly went out into the hall, and when we got out there I realized I forgot my diaper bag. I saw Joyce Hendrick's siting outside with her husband, so I ran up to her and asked if she minded holding my crying baby so I could go back in and get the diaper bag. She said yes, so I handed over my child and went to retrieve my bag. When I came back out Alice was standing up on Joyce's lap, laughing and smiling. Why is it when your child is with anyone else they are so happy and forget there hungry and as soon as you get them back there are back to being mad until they are fed. This darn breastfeeding. Well, we made it through the rest of church and have made it through many more. I love this picture of her after church, Alice finally has noticed the camera so tons of her pictures this month look like this.
Alice loves her daddy. Whenever Andy comes home from work, Alice gets really chatty. She likes to tell her daddy all about her day. Lot's of laughing and squealing.
Alice also had her very first play date with her friends Kennedy and Alaina. Kennedy is on the left with her mom Mandi. She is a month younger than Alice and Alaina is on the right with her mom Cherish. She is a month older than Alice. The kids were really cut. They looked at each other, tried to grab each other and cried together. Alice must have had a ton of fun because that night she slept all the way through the night. I of course didn't sleep because I kept waking up wondering why she wasn't awake. I checked if she was breathing about a hundred times. We now have a play day each week. We rotate houses and bring snacks to share. People keep asking why we have a play date for infants, since they can't play together, well, it's for us moms. We need some adult conversation every once in a while. We have added my friend Melanie and her cute little girl Heidi. I'll have to take some more pictures of all the kids together.
Alice love, love, loves to stand up. This month if you tried to set her down in a sitting position she would get so upset. All she wanted to do was stand up. She thinks she is such a big girl.
At night after baths we have to fun with alice. We lay down a blanket and we let her play around. This is also the time that we practiced tummy time. She didn't really like it with me, but she loved it with Andy. Go figure. My philosophy is that she is just sick of playing with me all day and wants a new face to look at. This month Alice also got her first diaper rash so tummy time in the morning and evening became naked tummy time. It was a great way to air her bum out and she loved being naked.
Here are a couple more tummy time pictures.

She loves this dog that her Aunt Kimmie gave her for christmas. The dogs nose fascinates her. This is a must toy for tummy time.
For my baby shower my mother in law got me these giant animals. One is a lion and one is a tiger. Well, this month Alice decided they were awesome. She loved to ride them and stand in front of them so she could suck on their nose.
This month Alice also discovered her tongue. All day long she would stick it out or try to grab it with her hands.
On March 8 Alice discovered her hands. I put her to sleep in her bassinet like usual and I noticed she had her hands in front of her face. She would hold her hands, then turn them over, just staring at them. She did this until she fell asleep. She then did it the next few nights. By the next week she had figured out how to use her hands to grab things. This made play time way more fun, but also more painful. She can now grab hair.

This month Alice learned to laugh. Oh, how I love to her her laugh and giggle. She loves to laugh when you give her tons of kisses and especially she loves to laugh and giggle at Alley and those two giant stuffed animals she has.

As you know from an earlier post alice learned how to roll over. On March 15th was the first time she rolled over and by the 17th she perfected it. Just two days before she turned four months old. I guess she wanted to make sure to get it in before the fourth month.
On the 15th she also started sleeping in her crib. It was a little ruff getting started. I guess waking up in a different bed in a different room would be a little upsetting. I think she woke up every hour and a half that first night. The worst was two days later she was rolling over, which meant I was worried sick about her getting stuck on her tummy when she was sleeping with she did. Andy was kind enough to buy me one of those camera monitors where you can watch the kid when they are sleeping. Let me tell you, I couldn't have done it without it. It brings such a piece of mind to know why she is fussing and crying without having to sleep on the floor in her room. Yep, I ended up doing that the first night. I figured it would save me some walking since every noise she made, I had to run in and check on her. I never thought I would be the kind of mom that was so over protective, but I am. What can I say. I love the kid.

2 comments:
This is the cutest baby girl in the whole world! Thanks for posting so many pictures and details. It makes me feel like I know her even though I've only seen her for 2 weeks of her life. I'm getting so excited to see you two. I love how Alice has those big blue eyes and is so alert. She's beautiful, Buggy. Love you! ~Wein
Alice is getting so big. It's so fun watching kids as they learn to to knew things.
Post a Comment