After about a five month brake I finally did a cake. This cake was for my friend Susan's daughter. Emma was turning eight and wanted a cake from me for her birthday. Man does this child have an imagination. She wanted a picture of herself watching the horses swim across the canal ( I guess there is a place her in Virginia that some horses survived a ship wreck many years ago and they just run wild on this beach and every year people gather to watch them herd the horses across the canal to reenact it. I think it's kind of mean to make the horses swim, but that is what they do.)with a light house in the back ground. I wasn't sure how I was going to fit it all in, but I did. I couldn't believe it. I was very proud of myself. It was nice to make a cake again. I forgot how much I love doing it. This cake took fifteen hours to make. Now that I have to stop to feed alice, and wait for the changing of babysitters it just takes a long time.

oh, she wanted herself in her baptism dress watching the horses.

Horses swimming. I think they kind of look like a My Little Pony.


4 comments:
This cake is awesome! When you told me about it I couldn't even begin to imagine how you were going to pull it together, and now that I see it, I love it! You really are amazing! ~Wein
I love Emma. She is such a sweetheart. And I love you. I seriously want to come over sometime & just watch you make cakes. I mean, I can help if you want, but I wouldn't really know what I'm doing...
Love the cake. It's beautiful.
That cake is amazing. I love the details - the waves, the dress, etc! And Alice is ridiculously cute... seriously, she should be a baby model or something with those big blue eyes and sweet little face of hers. I wish I could meet her!
Post a Comment