Thursday, April 22, 2010

Camera & Peacocks

I have done two more cakes. They went a ton smoother. I guess I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. The first cake was for a seven year old girl. She was having her party at Click's Photo Studio. She got to invite 10 girls and they all came dressed up and then they got to do a fashion show then get their photos taken. At the end of the party they all received five photos of themselves. Man would I have loved that kind of party. I was such a ham when I was a kid. Anything to put myself in the spot light and I was happy. Her mom thought it would be fun to do a camera cake.
The flowers were added to make the camera a little more girlie, cute and fun.

The mom and her two daughters came together to get the cake. It was so fun seeing Jordan's reactions. She said, "Oh, look it's a camera. How cool." She was so happy. Of course then her five year old sister wanted to touch it and that made everyone worried. The two little girls loved Alice. They stayed about 20 minutes just playing with her. They thought it was so funny when Alice would pull their hair, or suck on their faces. They wanted to hold her and give her kisses on the head. It was so cute. Alice loved it to. She laughed and smiled the whole time. I think she was a little sad when they left.
The second cake I did was a wedding cake. But it was very different than any wedding cake I have ever done. The bride and groom had a cake shipped to the country club from Caroline's Cakes in Maryland. I guess this cake was on the Today Show and is know for the best caramel frosting ever. It came frosted with the dowel rods all ready in it. All I had to do was stack it and decorate it. It was crazy, but I guess I got a taste of what it would be like if I owned a shop and someone else baked and frosted the cakes for me. The caramel frosting was amazing. So rich and sweet. I wanted to eat the entire extra tub of frosting. Laura and Anoop had a peacock themed wedding so this is what I came up with.


2 comments:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I love both cakes, especially the peacock one. I think it turned out beautiful and I definitely wish I could have tasted the caramel frosting...I love caramel. Can't wait to see you! Only like a week..woohoo! Love you! ~Wein

Toni said...

Love the cakes. The camera one is so cool.