My baby girl is now five months old. Month for was awesome. This kid is so fun I can't stand it. Of course Alice had her four month shots she didn't like it, but she was a trooper. She only cried for a second, then she yelled at me a little and then she was happy again. Don't you love her camo pink band aids. Alice loves to roll over. That is all she does. It has made changing diapers super fun.
Alice had her first taste of food this month. Rice cereal even if it has no taste it is still some kind of food. Her first time she ate three spoon fulls and then she was done. She now gets a bottle each night with rice cereal after I feed her. She loves it. When she sees the bottle she starts to laugh and talk to it.
Alice finally discovered her feet. She loved to grab her feet and just sit there. Doesn't she look so tiny on the bed. This day in particular was the first time someone asked me how old my little boy was. You put the kid in blue and people automatically think your babies a boy.
Even though Alice found her feet she could not get them to her mouth. I was worried my poor child got her flexibility from her grandpa's; I think they are both lucky if they can even touch their toes, so the days those toes made it into her mouth I was a proud mom. This is now how she spends at least a third of her day. It is also how she soothes herself. She will start to cry and soon those toes are in her mouth and she is happy again. She even falls asleep sucking on her toes.
Alice loves to laugh and laugh and laugh. It is a full on laugh now. It is so infectious. Every time my kid giggles my heart melts. This day Alice is sporting her dad's Alumni and Andy is so happy. It has finally warmed up her and Alice loves it. All you have to do is take this kids pants and socks of and there is instant happiness. She could live in just her diaper.
With the warm weather came some fun new outfits. This one was from my Aunt Laurie and it was so cute I had to have a photo shoot. The headband only lasted a few minutes, but I loved her in it.
This month Alice met her great aunt Dee Dee. Dee Dee is very animated and Alice loved it.
When Alice sees something she wants she does this face and makes a noise like give it to me now.
This time it was for her bunny her great grandma Bowman gave her for Easter. She loves this thing and it is bigger than her. Many times a day I find her wrapped around her bunny.
This month Alice also had her first Easter which meant her first Easter dress. This thing was so cute. Grandma Janice did it again. I wanted at least one picture of my child and this was the best. Yep, that's my dad's hand and phone in the picture. If he is around he is taking pictures of Alice.
So cute in her Easter dress.
Alice also figured out how to smile with a camera in her face again. Thank goodness. The Duh look only looks cute for a short amount of time.
A few more things from this month:Alice has become a mommas girl. She loves me what can I say. I'm sure it helps that I am her food source.
Alice got her first really bad rash this month and her first doctors appointment where she wasn't getting shots. I wasn't going to take her in, but when I called to schedule her last immunity thing (they had a recall and I had to wait for the new stuff) I mentioned her rash and they thought I should bring her in. Well, it ended up being nothing. I think it was a heat rash. After a week it was gone.
Watch out for your hair around Alice. She loves to hang on and never let go. Once again this pulling and sucking on hair brings out the giggles in Alice.
This month Alice also learned how to pull herself forward with her arms. She can now move around pretty fast. I now get nothing done. With her moving that fast, in one week, Alice rolled off the bed (luckily our bed is a platform bed and is only a foot off the ground) and figured out how to get out of the thing I put her in when I shower. Each time she was a little stunned, but only cried a second and then was happy again. I guess it was going to happen sometime. Of course it had to be on my watch. I'll tell you. My kid is tough.
Alice also has learned to fight back. If she doesn't want to something or doesn't want to do something she will tell you. She will swat it out of your hand or roll away. That is fun.
This month was so fun. I can't wait for what will come this month.

3 comments:
Woohoo! I LOVE pictures! They are ALL so cute! I really don't think she takes a bad picture. She must get that from Rachel. Can't wait to see you in less than a week! :) Love you! ~Wein
Her Easter dress was adorable. Alice is such a cutie!
Jyl and Andy,
We loved the Easter card she is so cute! I agree next ttime we NEED to see you guys. We want to come and visit Kenny and Cherish one weekend before they move! We will have to get together then! We hope things are going great and we can't wait to meet Alice!
Post a Comment