Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cupcake toppers, Butterflies, Thomas and One Giant Cupcake

I have been crazy busy taking care of Alice and making cakes from home. I either have my mom and mother in law take shifts in the day or I work on the cakes when Alice is sleeping. There were many nights I was up until 2am. That hurt. Good thing I have so many people willing to help me when it comes to making cakes. There is no way I could do it without them. Here are a few things I have done. The first were cupcake toppers for a bridal shower. They were having a sex and the city themed party and wanted toppers to go on cupcakes. Kimmie and my mother and I helped me make these adorable toppers. There were flowers..
Lingerie...
Of course there had to be purses..
shoes and martinis.
My second cake was for an 80 something year old women. They were having a butterfly themed birthday bridge party. I couldn't decide if I wanted to go pretty of fun. In the end I decided that women over 80 loved pretty things. Here is the final product.
The butterflies were done in five different shades of purple. I'm not quite sure why I did purple. It just what I was feeling this day.
Another cake this week (yes all these cakes were made in for days) was a birthday cake for a missionary here in our ward. I think everyone should make the missionaries birthday's special. I would think that would be a hard day with a little home sickness so whenever a missionary has a birthday on the day or week that I feed them I try to make it special. I made Elder Shriver aka cheeks (we like to give the missionaries nicknames. I'm not sure why we just always do it) a giant cupcake cake.
With a cherry on top.
I think Elder Shriver liked it. He was a little speechless.
I think that the other elders were a little jealous. Yep, that would be my dad with his camera phone again. That always seems to make it into my pictures. (Elder Anderson, Hart, Wright, and Shriver)
I love this face. YUMMMMM!
My last cake I did with my friend Jenissa. Jenissa wanted me to teach her how to do cakes so we made one for her boys (both boys were born on the same day crazy huh). She wanted to do a Thomas cake. I had her do some research and pick out a couple cakes that she liked and then I took the best parts of those cakes and came up with this one. It was fun making a cake with her. She was a great student.


3 comments:

Toni said...

I love all of the cakes.

Hollie said...

Awesome!!!! Reminds me of that awesome carrot cake you taught me. We might have to relive those memories when you come out here. BTW, send me the dates!!!!

Later!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.