Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Independence Day Everyone and God Bless America. This has been more of a third and fourth of July Celebration for us this year. Saturday started with a fourth of July cake. The woman I made the cake for said she was making a ton of cupcakes and she wanted a cake for a centerpiece and for a birthday present. She didn't care how big is was or what the design was. It was all up to me. I thought it would be fun to incorporate a giant cupcake to go with all of her cupcakes.
I really enjoyed making the firework on top.
This was Alice's first fourth of July and thanks to Shauna and Rachel Alice was dressed for the occasion.

Alice and I had a fun morning and afternoon together while Andy, my dad and my uncle Greg golfed all day. Alice was in a very good mood and now that she can crawl really fast and pull herself up on things everyday is an adventure.
Our town celebrated the fourth of July on the 3rd since the 4th was a Sunday. That evening we went over to my moms house for a Bar b Que and to watch the city fireworks from my parents driveway. It was a ton of fun hanging out with friends and family. The best were the little kids when we were doing sparklers. They went crazy. And they went through twelve boxes. Holidays are just better with little kids. I love Alice in this picture. Now that she is eating baby food she is finally putting on a little chubs. I love those thighs. I was in the house helping my mom make dinner when I say Alice waving this flag. I had to run out and take a million pictures. So cute.
It was a ton of fun and sweet little Alice slept through the whole thing. What an Angel. As I write this my neighbors have been shooting off fireworks for an hour and she has slept through it all. I don't know how she does it, but it is amazing. I wish I had this talent. This is how she was sleeping that night.


There would have been one more picture of Alice in the cutest Fourth of July dress, but right before we left for church she pooped all over herself and me. It was so bad we had to give her a bath to get it all off. It was on her bum, back, legs, feet and hair. Yuck. So she ended up in pink. This seems to happen a lot lately. It think it's because she is in between sizes for diapers. Twos are too small and threes and too big. I think this is the fourth blow out this month. Oh how I love baby food.

5 comments:

Toni said...

We had so much fun watching the fireworks. Your parents are the best.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Holy moly you've got the cutest kid ever! Thanks for posting pictures of my cute baby niece. Love her! That 4th of July skirt is one of the first things I ever bought Addie. I'm glad to see that it is still as cute now as it was when I bought it. It's a keeper for sure. Kurtis and I pulled out the picture Shauna sent us of Addie in it, and it looks totally different on her..still adorable...but totally differently shaped babies. Love you! Thanks for the post! ~Wein

Laine said...

OH MY GOODNESS Alice is getting SO BIG!!! I think my jaw dropped when I saw these new pictures. She's adorable! I hope you had a great 4th....we'll be sending an email soon with some new pictures....been too busy to blog these days....love your cake, the fireworks are fantastic...love, all of us

Ioana said...

The cake is AMAZING as usual! And Alice is such a cutie!!!

Shauna said...

Love the cake, but I love my little Alice even more! Miss you Sis but I am excited to see you soon. Check out my Etsy Store, LearnandGrow.etsy.com! I have added new items. Love ya, Shauna