Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fun Wedding Cake

The day we left to go to the beach I had a wedding cake and a grooms cake to delivery. We literally dropped them off then drove down to South Carolina. This wedding cake was fun. The person let me do whatever I wanted. The only thing they asked for was a topsy turvy cake, animal print and to use neon colors. It was so much fun making this cake.
Close up on the my favorite tier. I just loved everything about it. I think this is my best bow and daisy I have ever done.
I almost had a huge mess up with the cake. I made the coolest monogram letters for the top of the cake. They were silver and jeweled. They took forever to make. Well, on the way out the door I decided to look at my notes just to make sure I didn't forget anything and that I had the right place and time. Boy am I glad I looked. I thought the grooms name was Travis and the brides name was Samantha. Um no, the brides name was Debbie or Debra. I had to trash my letters. Thank goodness I had made a plaque just in case something went wrong with my letters. It saved me.
The groom races 10 second cares (whatever that means) and they wanted his car for the grooms cake.

3 comments:

Toni said...

Aweome cakes as usual.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

The wedding cake may be my favorite ever. And the detail in the car is awesome. I really don't know how you do it. LOVE YOU! Can't wait to see it! ~Lindsey

Shauna said...

The wedding cake is one of my favorites too! Oh how I LOVE it!!!! Just a few more days until we all get to hang out together.