Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What have we been up to?

We have been having a ton of fun lately. Alice has been super cute. Alice is 9 months now. Can you believe it? A little before she turned nine months Alice starting trying to walk. She can walk about three steps and then she gets so excited she throws her arms in the air and then falls. Tonight she actually took 10 steps. It was crazy. She walked from my dad to me. Since she is having so much fun trying to walk her grandma Rachel got her this fun toy that helps her walk. The first day we had it I literally walked around the house with her for an hour straight and then on and off through out the day. By the time Alice's afternoon nap rolled around I was ready for a nap too. I love this look on her face. We call it the old man face. It cracks me up how she sucks her lips in then tries to smile as big as she can.
This toy is just pure joy to Alice. When she walks with it she has to go as fast as she can running into anything that gets in her way.
Another thing Alice has discovered is the base part of this balance board thing that Andy and I have. It is way to heavy for little Alice to pick up but she always tries. It cracks me up. She is so determined.

I have done a few cakes lately. The first was the gift of the world. A lady I make cakes for wanted a cake for an 80 year old woman who has decided that for the rest of her days she wants to travel. She thought it would be fun to give her a globe. I thought it would be fun to add the gift box.
My second cake was a Hawaiian cake for an 11 year old girl. Her mother had mentioned a hula girl to my mother in law, but told me to do what ever I wanted. Instead of taking the hula girl literally I thought it would be fun to take elements of that and then make a cake.


My dad celebrated his 58th birthday a week ago. It was fun being able to celebrate it with him. I have been working on his birthday present since January so I couldn't wait to give it to him. I took all of his slides from his mission, turned them into a digital file and then made them into a book. It took forever, but I knew he would love it. He is always pulling out his missionary scrapbook, but he never had his photos printed out. Now he can look at them any time he wants.
Of course I had to make a cake for him for his birthday. I had some much fun trying to figure out a way to make a giant cupcake into a gold cake.
Now I have to brag about Andy a little. He has been mister mom lately. It has been awesome. Between vacationing and some time off from work, he has been able to spend a ton of time with Alice and I. He has been waking up with her in the morning and getting her bottles at night plus watching her so I can go to the gym, run errands and I even had a night out with the girls. We have been spoiled. Hey look, Andy is smiling.
This is Andy and Alice when Andy took her to the park while I went out with the ladies. Alice loves to swing and she loves her daddy. In fact the only word she can say is dada. I'm a little jealous of that.

5 comments:

Toni said...

Alice is getting so big. Love the cakes. Andy is such a good dad. You can tell Alice loves spending time with him.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

I love EVERYTHING about this post. I miss you guys so much! We need to figure out how we are going to see eachother. Loved your cakes, especially the Hawaiian one. You're the best! And all the pictures of Alice and even Andy are so cute. Love you! ~Wein

Ioana said...

Alice is such a cutie!!!!! She's such a busy little person!:) And again, your cakes are amazing!!

Hollie said...

Ok, is the globe rice crispy treats? How the heck did you get that into a ball? You are amazing as always! Love the update on little Alice. We miss her out here and of course you and Andy too! Love you guys! Please come back soon:)

Mull Family said...

Alice is so cute! I can't believe she's already walking around... say goodbye to your freedom!!! jk The cakes are awesome, as always.