Saturday, September 4, 2010

April in Utah

Ok, this is long over due, but since Lindsey just found out yesterday that she past her national exam which means no more test or homework ever, I think it's time to celebrate and remember her graduation from grad school. In April Alice and I flew out to Utah for Lindsey's graduation. Alice and I arrived in style. Andy got us this awesome pack for traveling. Alice is safe and secure and I have two hands free. It was awesome.
While out in Utah we did one of my favorite things. Ate out. Yummy. The first night we went to the Training Table. Oh, how I love that place. We used to go there all the time when we were little. We would fight over who got to call our order in over the phone. It was great. Ok, I love this picture of my dad and Alice. To cute for words.
Check that tongue out. Alice loved that spoon. Looking back I can't believe how tiny Alice is. Only five months old.
So I love taking pictures of Lindsey eating food. She always cracks me up.
Yep, I wanted a picture of myself eating the best sandwich ever. Do you know what my favorite part of eating at the training table; how messy the food is. You need like time napkins to get through a meal, oh and the fry sauce. How can I forget the fry sauce.
I think this was another one of those were I tried to get Lindsey to kiss Kurtis for the picture, but this is all I got. Lindsey loves PDA.
Ok, last training table picture. Have you ever tried smiling while keeping your eyes open as wide as you can. Well, this is what we did for about 15 pictures. This is my best one.
I can't believe how little Alice looks in this picture. Her cheeks are so cute and chunky and she was so cuddly. Nowadays she doesn't have time for hugs. She is to busy tearing the house apart.
My mom was getting some things out of her suitcase when sweet alice decided the suite case would be a fun place to play. She was so proud of herself for crawling into the suitcase.
We had a ton of fun with Lindsey. It was so much watching Alice get to know her aunt and uncle better and man did she love them. After some fun days with Lindsey and Kurtis we headed down to Price so Alice could meet her great-grandparents for the first time and also to meet up with Shauna and the girls.
Man did Alice's cousins love her. In fact after about 10 minutes of constant loving and playing Alice looked at me and I saw in her eyes, "Save Me." But you can't help her cousins loving her so much. It was so sweet.
Cosette and Poppy.
While in Price we were able to meet up with Lola for lunch. Lola is my uncle Chris' mom, but growing up she was just another one of my grandma's. She loved Alice and we loved seeing her.
Alice with her great-grandpa Von.
Alice with her great-grandma Carol.
Uncle Chris.
My sweet Grandpa Von. It was so awesome to see my family and I loved being able to watch Alice interact with her family. She was all smiles for her Aunt, uncle and great-grandparents. Oh, how I love my family. It was so sad saying good-bye. I hate the fact that I only get to see them once or twice a year. I grew up being there every holiday and every school break plus we lived there on and off as kids. I miss that. I miss my family. It makes me feel really blessed that alice gets to grow up with her family so close by.
Alice thought Adalyn was so awesome and Adalyn was the best babysitter ever. I think Alice thinks Adalyn is the coolest big kid ever.
While out in Utah alice picked up sucking her thumb on a regular basis. It is cute now, but I wonder if I will think it is so cute when she is six. I hope we don't have to cross that bridge.

I love going to Utah to visit my family and to see my awesome friend Cherie. We go way back. I'm talking 12-13 years old. When we were 14 we literally spent the entire summer together. We would take turns sleeping over at each others houses (we only lived like 40steps away from each other houses, yes we counted. The mail box was exactly in the middle of our two houses. Do you remember that Cherie?) we would only part to get ready for the next day and then we would get back together to hang out for the rest of the day. That was a fun summer. This trip, Alice was able to meet Cherie and her family for the first time. Man was it fun. Alice loved watching Davis do all kind of big kid stuff. I know she was jealous. She always wants to do what the big kids are doing, but darn her little baby body. It just wont let her do it. It was so wonderful seeing Cherie and her family. She is my family.

Finally the big day came (May 7th). Lindsey graduation from Utah State. She got her master's in speak pathology.
This was Lindsey the whole graduation. I think she smiled and Laughed the whole time. I would two. It has been a long haul for her. Most masters programs only last two years, but hers took 4. She not only went to school all year for four years, she was a speech pathologist in the school district full time. I don't know how she did it, but she is amazing.
The girls were so good during the gradation. They were quite and just sat there and played with there new sticker books. Alice on the other hand was not happy just sitting there, but that ended up benefiting me. I forgot to charge the video camera. Lucky for me there were outlets all around the track. So while Alice and I walked around the gym the camera was able to get charged enough to video take Lindsey graduating.
The amazing graduate. We are so proud of her. Just a little side note, Kurtis just graduated this last Tuesday with his masters degree. Way to go Kurtis. You and lindsey should be so proud of yourselves plus you guys are now the smartest couple in the family. Well, at least on paper. haha.
Afterwards we stopped across the street to take some pictures.
The girls had so much fun running around and twirling.
Adalyn loved lindsey's graduation cap.
The whole family minus Andy and Ben. Somebody had to work.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Congrats to Lindsey. I really miss eating at Training Table too.

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Fun post, Bug. I'd forgotten a bunch of that stuff, and I loved the pictures and your commentary. I think I'll print the whole thing out for my journal. Love you tons! ~Wein

Mull Family said...

I'm so glad that I got to see you and Alice while you were out here... Just wish you were here more often! I still think of your family as my second family. And how could I forget all of our fun times together, including knowing exactly how many steps were between our houses? So awesome.

Laine said...

love, love, love your family!!