Friday, September 24, 2010

Park

It was a great day today. Andy got home a day early, I went to my sewing class, we played with Alice all day and we finished the day with a visit to the park with great grandma Bowman and dinner with my parents. All in all a great day and it's not even the weekend. Alice loves the park. She love the slide, loves watching other kids, loves putting everything in her mouth and her favorite, the swings. She loves swinging. It always puts a smile on her face. Alice loves it when you say, "I'm going to get you," and then you grab her feet. I'm not sure why she likes that so much, but it works every time.

But today it was different. You know how I was saying how she loves shiny things. Well, her favorite thing today was the shiny metal spike that holds up the little wall around the play area. She even did a lovely nose dive trying to get it. She did not like that, but she's tough. She got over it very quickly.
It was super hot today, but Great Grandma Bowman (88 years old) was a trooper and came anyway. It is so fun to see Alice interact with her great grandma Bowman. Not many of us have the privilege of knowing their great grandparents. Alice has the privilege of knowing three of hers. Andy's grandma and my mom's parents. What a lucky girl.
Ok, I loved this picture of the three of them walking. Three generations. I also love how tiny Andy's grandma is. She isn't even 5 foot. We had to bring a step stool so she could get into Andy's truck. I love watching Andy take care of his grandma. You can tell how much he loves her.

2 comments:

Toni said...

What a good grandson.

Hollie said...

Ok, that last picture is the cutest picture ever!!!! Andy, the family man!!!! I love it!