Thursday, September 16, 2010

It takes a village to raise a child

You know the saying it takes a village to raise a child, well, I would like to add to that. I think it takes grandma's to raise a child. I don't know what I would have done these last couple of weeks while Andy was gone without the grandma's. I think Alice and I would have gone crazy just staring at each other all day. They fed us, watched Alice so I could get things done, went shopping with us, played with Alice and just plain loved us. I would like to just say thanks to the greatest grandma's in the world. We wouldn't have survived without you.
Alice was so happy playing outside today. The weather was so wonderful this afternoon. One of Alice's favorite toys is a water bottle. I'm not sure why, but if she is kind of fussy all you have to do is give her an ice cold water bottle and this is the face you will get. Pure happiness.
The next are just some pictures I thought were cute. When Alice wants to pause while crawling this is how she does it. She takes a knee. When she is finished checking some stuff out she just starts crawling again.
Ok, I love this outfit. Grandma Janice gave her the cutest pants ever and grandma Rachel gave her the adorable top. Yes, she is watching Super Why.
Close up of the jeans. They are actually stretchy pants that look like jeans. Comfortable yet still just as cute.




3 comments:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Thanks for the pictures of her in the dresses. They look even cuter on her! But, I'm with you...that shirt from Rachel and pants from Mom take the cake. I hope you take tons of pictures in that outfit. It's my favorite yet. ~Wein

Shauna said...

You ARE so lucky to live by grandmas! The pictures are too adorable. Alice is so beautiful bug! It makes me sad to think my girls miss out on so many of the "little moments" living on the other side of the U.S. from their grandma & grandpas. Seeing them 2 & 3 times a year is the pits. What a blessing for you Jyl Bug to have Alice surrounded by grandparents that love her and want to be a part of her life! Miss you guys!

Cherish said...

Alice is such a cutie! I need to get your email address (maybe again). I want to invite you guys to Alaina's birthday party. I know you probably won't be able to come, but I wanted to invite you anyway! Can't wait to see the next post!