Last weekend I threw a baby shower for my friend Elicia. She is actually going in tomorrow (Wednesday) to be induced. She is having boy #3. I am rooting for the name Murry (Elicia had told me what she wanted to name the kid, but for some reason I got the name Murry in my head. It's not even close to the original name, but now it has stuck for me. So no matter what they end up naming the kid, Murry will be all I think), but I will probably lose. Since this is the third kid we thought it would be fun to have a diaper shower. You can never have enough diapers. I found some really cute fabric that had owls all over it, so that became the theme. See the cute pregnant lady on the left. I don't know how she does it, but she is always happy. also pictured, Lori, Jenissa and baby Kennedy and Justis.

Instead of games I thought it would be fun to decorate Onesies for the baby. I put out different fabrics and people cut different things out then fabric glued them to the onesies. People were really creative. They turned out really cute. Hannah decorating her onesie.

Becky, Jeannie, and Hollie.

After everyone left Elicia finally had time to decorate a onesie herself.
Alice was cracking me up. Every time I wanted to take a picture of her she would giggle and then throw her head down like this. She is so silly.
My dear friend Mandi helped me throw the shower. I don't know what I would have done without her. She was in charge of the food and it turned out fantastic. This is Mandi with her daughter Kennedy. Kennedy is Alice's best friend. Every time Alice sees Kennedy she starts to giggle and wave. She then always tries to hug and kiss her. It's adorable.
Since the party was an owl theme of course I had to make an owl themed cake. It was chocolate with buttercream frosting.
I also made labels for the food. I don't know why I do this, but it's so much easier having the label there to look at then to have people ask you over and over again what something is. Plus, I really like making them.
The cupcakes were chocolate with chocolate frosting and chocolate with a chocolate chip cookie center and chocolate frosting.
Food Table

I made paper pom poms for the first time. I loved it. I think I will be making them for everything now.

This yellow one was my favorite. It reminded me of a chicken.
Mandi and I made two different signs for the party one said "it's a boy" and the other said "congratulations elicia." Man I love my cricut.
It was such a fun shower and it was so awesome to see all the people that came out to support and celebrate with Elicia. I can't wait to meet this little guy. I guess it might be tomorrow. I'm going to make another post for the onesies so you can see how they turned out. I love them.

3 comments:
I am so bummed I missed it, but it looks totally fun! And the owl theme is awesome. I am all about animals right now. :)
this is the cutest baby shower ever. i'm jealous. no babies on the way, but in the years to come when i actually do have babies, i want you to come throw me a shower. better yet, lets get mom and dad to fly me out ;) and let's just do a shower there. i'm serious...keep the stuff from this shower. i love the colors, and it matches the quilt laurie is making me. oh, i miss you tonight, bug. wish i could see you. love you! ~wein p.s. what are you going to do with all that cute owl fabric? i like it.
I wish I could have been there. It looks like it was so much fun. I love the onesies.
Post a Comment