This innocent looking guy just cost me three and a half hours of cleaning. While I was happily enjoying my freedom at the grocery store I got a call from Andy. I thought, "oh, Alice must be having a hard time going to sleep." No. I got, "Alley just got sprayed by a skunk, she is foaming at the mouth. I had to carry her outside." I asked what are you doing now. He replied," Sitting back her half naked. I got the skunk spray all over me when I carried Alley out." I asked, "so what do you want me to do." Andy replied, "can you come home and smell the house to see if it smells like a skunk. If it does will you run to Pet Smart and buy something to get the smell out of the house and off the dog and I"
The good thing about this is Alley finally got a bath, my floors in the kitchen are squeaky clean, all the door knobs in the kitchen and the back door are sanitised, Alley's doggy door is finely clean, Andy is shiny and new from scrubbing his whole body with dawn, we now know what to do if the dumb dog gets sprayed again and my carpets got shampooed. You know what's the craziest part. Our backyard is fenced in so Alley actually got sprayed through the tiny wooden slats in the fence and the beagle dog that runs around the neighborhood smells like roses. Go figure.
Now to leave you with something that doesn't involve really stinky things here is a cute picture I took of Alice today. This shot came from Andy finally getting sick of telling Alice to stop trying to eat the dog food about a hundred times. She loved hanging upside down. In fact, she got upset when Andy put her back down.
Alice got a new toy at Target today. Andy made the mistake of showing it to her then of course she had to have it.
I thought, "now what will Alice do with a ball that is the same size as her." "Why carry it mom," Alice says. Why didn't I think of that. What else would you do with a ball that's bigger than yourself. Heaven forbid we just kick it around. It must be carried. It was super funny watching her carry this massive ball all over the place and it was particularly funny when she would run into something. The impact would just bounce her back on her bum. What will this kid think of next. 

2 comments:
No fun! We sometimes have skunks living under our walkway. Thankfully none of us have been sprayed.
Wow, that really stinks...hehe. Well, now I know what to do if Speck ever comes face to face with a skunk:) Glad you got all the smell out:)
Post a Comment