I am just warning you there are tons of pictures. I love Halloween. Always have always will, but man do I love it even more with a kid. I wasn't planning on dressing Alice up this year since she wouldn't understand what Halloween is, but Andy really wanted to take her trick or treating, so began the costume hunt. It was so much fun getting Alice ready for Halloween. For a month I went back and forth on what I wanted Alice to be. First it was a skunk, then a monster, then a pumpkin, then a ghost and finally I found this.

It says "Everyone stay Calm! I'm a Doctor." But not just any doctor, Alice was mini Kimmie. When Kimmie graduated from medical school her parents gave her this shirt.

When I found Alice's shirt (while looking for ghost costumes on etsy) I remembered Kimmie's shirt and I had to buy it. Well, I actually called up Lindsey at 11:30 at night and had her order it since I do not have a paypal account (my mom made her scrub pants). Rachel always tells me how much Alice looks just like Andy and Kimmie when they where her age, so I thought it only appropriate to dress her up like her aunt. Our trial run started on Wednesday with our wards trunk or treat. I gave my dad the assignment of taking Alice around the trunk or treat while I handed out candy.

Alice couldn't wait to get to her candy.



Alice had a blast running around with the big kids. Every where the big kids went Alice was running right along with them. I love this picture. Look how good her form is. She's in a hurry. She's a doctor.

Once Alice had her candy she wouldn't let it go. She put everything in her mouth. If you didn't notice, even Alice's best Halloween friend Eddie made it to the trunk or treat.

Alice had this kitkat in her hand all night. She would go around holding it out to people and when they would go to grab it she would quickly take it away. She wanted people to see it, but no one was allowed to touch it.

I wasn't planning on giving Alice any candy. I think she is to long. Well, grandpa thought otherwise. First Alice walks and I notice her mouth is all blue, yep a sucker. I scolded my dad and he said, "Oh, I didn't know she couldn't have anything. I won't give her anything else." A little later her comes Alice with this caramel pop in her mouth. My dad was just smiling. She loved it and when I took it away, she was not happy with me.

It was fun seeing Alice's friends around the trunk or treat. This is my friend Holli's kid. Isn't that the cutest pirate you have ever seen.

This is my friend Mandi's kid. She was a little monster. Oh, and Mandi made this outfit.

Finally Halloween day was here. Alice got back in her Doctor Kimmie outfit and Andy dressed up like Kimmie's husband Michael. He is a banker. We had kept Alice's costume a secret from Andy's family. We thought it would be way more fun to have them guess. Andy's mom guessed it instantly. She just started laughing. No one saw this coming.

Since Alice really was to young to go trick or treating we thought it would be fun if we reverse trick or treated. When we knocked on people doors Alice gave them one of these mummy pops that I made.

We visited Andy's grandma, Dee Dee and Tommy, Michael's parents, the Cox's, the Thompsons, and my parents. Out of all these people (minus my parents they already knew) the only people who guessed there costumes where Rachel, Mrs. Cox and Michael's Dad.

I'm glad that I listened to Andy and dressed Alice up for Halloween. It was to much fun. I can't wait to come up with Alice's costume for next year. Watch out everyone who knows who Alice will be next. Another fun thing about Halloween is that it's my mother in law's birthday. Which means we always have a party and cake on Halloween. This year we went to Andy's parent's house for dinner. I made a cookie cake for Rachel and Andy actually decorated. He did a really good job frosting it and he even wrote happy birthday with a pumpkin. I was super proud of him. We had fun eating and eating, watching Rachel open her presents and just hanging out and trick or treating. All in all it was a great Halloween day.


3 comments:
Awe....she is so cute! That's funny with your dad and the suckers. That's what grandparents are for!
I loved Alice's outfit.
Cutest doctor I've ever seen. Oh I love it, and mom did a great job on the scrubs. I love the picture of Alice squating, the ones with things shoved in her mouth, and the one with her holding Andy's hand (he looks like a giant). Your kid is the cutest ever. Love you! Wish I was hanging out with you and Shauna! ~Bean
Post a Comment