Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was really low key this year. My parents went to Florida to spend thanksgiving with my moms sister and her family. They were also going for my cousin Greg's new baby Seth's baby blessing. Lindsey and Shauna's Family's were staying home and Kimmie and Michael weren't coming since Michael's parents went to South Carolina to spend thanksgiving with them. That just left Andy's parents and us. Luckily we were invited to spend thanksgiving with Andy's uncle and his family and Andy's grandma. The day started with the all traditional deep frying of the turkey.
Not just one turkey, we deep fried three. Two for dinner and one for us to snack on through out the week. I love turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce sandwiches. Yum. While the turkey was frying Alice and I hung out inside with Grandma Rachel. After a couple hours the turkey was finally done. Yeah, and that meant it was time to eat.
We loaded all the food we were bringing (I also made a sweet potato casserole) and headed up the street to Uncle Larry's house. Alice, Andy and I got to ride there in the golf cart. Alice loved it. I was a little cold.
We have never spent a holiday with Rachel's side of the family so it was a little different but it was fun. Larry's girlfriend Lindsey and her children and grandchildren were also there so we were able to mingle with some new people. Alice loved all the attention she got from everyone.

Of course we had to dress alice up so we could show her off. Thanks aunt lindsey for the adorable outfit.
One of Lindsey's daughter had just got a new puppy. It was so cute. It would follow Alice around. I'm not sure Alice knew what it was. She is used to big dogs, so I'm not sure she new the puppy was a dog. I of course had to love and hug the puppy to death.

I love this picture of Andy's grandma watching all her great grandchildren running around. There were three of her own and three off Lindsey's grandchildren. It was a loud house with six little kids running around.

We all couldn't wait to dig into the food. It was a feast. We even got to eat off of china. Something I have only done one other time in my life. Alice even got to eat off of china. I tried to tell them it was a bad idea, but they said it was fine. About a minute into eating, Alice had her plate taken away by me. She is just too tough of a kid. Alice loved the rolls and the mashed potatoes. I loved everything especially the turkey and cornbread stuffing. It was a different thanksgiving, but a good thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Alice looks adorable, so did the puppy. And I love the picture of Andy's Grandma. It's a great one.